Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how I have installed Aspire mirrors

not my idea, but have not seen any howto pictures so here you are:

Green car on the pictures is the donor Aspire - look at the passenger door inside & outside:

Red car is the Festiva recepient, again - passenger inside and outside:

If you compare, you will see that Festiva has more metal on the outside of the door in the mirror area. The fabrication is super-simple:
    all we need to do is remove the outside layer of the door metal in the mirror area, and drill two or more holes in the inner door side.

By the way, here are the mirrors - Aspire mount is much larger, but it does fit the Festiva door!

I have decided to remove the smaller metal nub from the mirror mount area and keep the thing with a smaller bolt which I have no
    idea serves what. That means a third, larger hole - but maybe you can simply cut this of the mirror, too.

Work in progress - still cutting metal:

The upper of three mounting bolts will use existing upper hole and we need to drill holes for the lower two bolts. That's it. Not super nice, but does the job:

here is the whole album:
    http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/...mirrors%20mod/
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

I only see 11 pics.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

ummmmm....where are the finished pics?
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

End result same as in http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36040 - I was so fascinated by the process I have completely forgotten about taking pictures of the result
        rusEfi - DIY ECU
        93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Thanks for the write up! Did you get internal adjusting Aspire mirrors?

Some Aspires had them, some didn't.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
            Thanks for the write up! Did you get internal adjusting Aspire mirrors?

Some Aspires had them, some didn't.

Karl
            unfortunately all I got were the non-adjustable ones - but still a great step forward from not having a passenger mirror at all!
            rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Working...
            X