remoable rear sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remoable rear sway bar

So, let's take some 1/8" 1.5" angle and some 3/4" 0.120 4130 chromoly tubing, also four 12mm bolts with nuts.

If we cut four pieces of angle & drill some holes so that we can bolt pieces together:

Weld two of these angles to the torsion beam

We can than weld the tubing between the other two angles - and call it a sway bar. I hope we can,

Still need to paint this orange.
    rusEfi - DIY ECU
    93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Pretty cool and simple.

If you want to absolutely kill any sort of sway, flip it around. haha
    Hodginsa - Photography - Cars, people, everything.

Festy is For Sale...

Comment

Very nice!

-Scott
      Aqua 93 L
      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Clever design man, looks good. I bet you could add a second bar across the mounts in between the two mounting bolts if you felt that you needed more stability. Does it unbolt nicely?

Comment

Originally posted by invader_star View Post
          Clever design man, looks good. I bet you could add a second bar across the mounts in between the two mounting bolts if you felt that you needed more stability. Does it unbolt nicely?
          Unbolts as a charm,

Not sure if a bar not along the beam would work - it is probably variable distance between the points as soon as you are not on the beam, and steel would not work on stretching I guess. Anyway, this is quite thick quite fancy steel - it should be good enough.

If we decide to go super-fancy we will have a couple of them of different specs so that we can switch between them but that probably would not happen
          rusEfi - DIY ECU
          93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

PS: if you are looking to do something like that, do not forget to make an offset between the brackets while drilling the holes - like 1/4 of an inch would be taken by the weld body. so for the brackets to be bolted tightly you need the bolted bracket to be 1/4 lower than the welded bracket. You can probably see how I had to grid the weld a bit on one of the pictures to make space for the bolted bracket.
            rusEfi - DIY ECU

Comment

Working...
            X