Pics of Aspire Mirror install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Aspire Mirror install

I like them, great viewing area, internal adjust.

Bill

Not too shabby! How much fab work was needed? Were you able to use the original mounting holes, or make new ones? I have to say, I like that you have the internal controls, since you wouldn't need power mirrors at that point.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

There are a couple of aluminum nubs that have to be cut off the mirrors. Then the triangular hole in the door needs to be enlarged, one screw hole is perfectly reused, one is enlarged slightly and one needs to be redrilled. I used the rubber liner from each mirror as a pattern. The center hole that the adjuster goes thru is fine, and I used the original Festy inside trim, just hogged out the center for the adjuster and glued it in place.

Bill

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

looks real good. any pics of the fab work?

Comment

I've often wondered if those would fit.
            Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
            '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
            '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

The next add-on is some LEDs that flash with the turn signals. I use these on my motorcycles nad really like the added safety feature.
              Sorry no pictures of the fab work.
              Bill

Comment

Looks nice! I'd like to have something like that that would fit the standard Festy manual mirrors.

Wonder if you could go to a hardware store and buy a small, notched rubber grommet to fit inside the internal adjust knob hole to tidy it up more/hide the white metal backing you can see through the hole?
                88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
                88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
                91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
                93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Actually I did save the little accordian boot from the Aspire, maybe I try to work that in.

Bill

Comment

congrats on trying something new.
                    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Yeah, good job!

Karl
                      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

where did you get internal adjusting handles? both the aspires on the JY have mirrors which are not adjusted from the inside, is that custom or an extra option?
                        rusEfi - DIY ECU
                        93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

That was the way the mirrors on the Aspire I had were. This Aspire had to be as basic as they get. Other than an automatic trans it had nothing.

Bill

Comment

Wonder if aspire auto mirrors are possible... Would eliminate the 'ugly bare metal' syndrome, but still be 10000x better than swoopies.
                            1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
                            Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
                            daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
                            A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

I've seen JY Aspires with both non and inside adjustable mirrors. Just depends on the model you find.

Karl
                              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Working...
                              X