Aspire front sway bar bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspire front sway bar bushings

I figured whilst I have everything off may as well throw $20 down towards new outer bushings as the ones on the bar are pretty worn. Posting an image showing the part number just in case this is of help to anyone else, just keep in mind these came from Pedders Australia, unsure if part numbers will vary in USA. (excuse poor quality phone camera)

Last edited by Click_It; 05-12-2011, 10:22 PM.
    200,000KM milestone!

Im guessing your almost complete with your Aspire swap ?
    i think i might have one on the way due to my mate has one and the clutch cable shit its self and idk if he will replace it or gimme the damn car.
    if he wont give me it.. an xbox 360 may entice him to ?
    any thing i should look for before getting it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
      Im guessing your almost complete with your Aspire swap ?
      i think i might have one on the way due to my mate has one and the clutch cable shit its self and idk if he will replace it or gimme the damn car.
      if he wont give me it.. an xbox 360 may entice him to ?
      any thing i should look for before getting it ?
      Not almost, 100% complete! Well nothing is 100% with cars but this job is done yes

I think there is still some air in the brake lines, that's got me scratching my head so I'll check that out tomorrow. And theres an audible clicking noise when taking hard turns at low speeds which I'm thinking has to be related to either the driveshaft (new) or possibly some slack in the struts? I don't know.. It's not the typical CV joint sound...

As for your mates car, well replacing the clutch aint cheap so maybe it's enough incentive to hand it over to you for a small price. Nothing much springs to mind to look for, you could probably take most of it off and bolt straight onto yours. I forked out for new rotors, pads & shoes but the donor car's parts wasn't in the best condition, your mates is probably better. I'll post up some pics and a few more details tomorrow on my other thread, I haven't eaten all day and mind is going blank right now. But despite the 2 little hicups the car is transformed with this swap! Brakes hard, no more sloppy steering. Haven't tested it enough yet (bald tires, wet roads) but the understeer feels to be greatly improved also.
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Hey,

Might want to the language there, not trying to bust your chops but swearing isn't allowed on this site
        Jeremy.S
        1988 black lx 5spd cancer victim
        1989 red lx 5spd , cancer free lots o options,
        1983 Subaru GL 4x4 wagon, It's a monster!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogrekhan View Post
          Hey,

Might want to the language there, not trying to bust your chops but swearing isn't allowed on this site
          I re-read my post twice before I finally realized it wasn't my post to which you were referring. I already copped a warning for this once last year so I've tried to keep it clean since. As an australian who's lived in America and now shares a house with an american here in Australia I've noticed we tend to have fouler mouths than you folk in USA. Not justifying anything just saying it (sadly) is more etched into society here it seems. That said, there's nothing wrong with speaking good english, I'm down with that. My late-mother would probably like this forum, teaches discipline
          200,000KM milestone!

Comment

how do we buy them in the states?
            rusEfi - DIY ECU
            93 EFI: tach cluster, aspire mirrors & spindles. ZX2 master cylinder, BP+G25 swap with a door hinge, rio struts. 205/50r15, 140mph speedometer,rear disk brakes, mini cooper + subaru front brakes rear sway bar

Comment

Originally posted by Click_It View Post
              Not almost, 100% complete! Well nothing is 100% with cars but this job is done yes

I think there is still some air in the brake lines, that's got me scratching my head so I'll check that out tomorrow. And theres an audible clicking noise when taking hard turns at low speeds which I'm thinking has to be related to either the driveshaft (new) or possibly some slack in the struts? I don't know.. It's not the typical CV joint sound...
              When I did my aspire swap I noticed that the brake pedal pressed in alot further before the brakes caught. I thought it was air in the lines. Turns out the aspire calipers require more fluid before they clamp. Only way around that is to use the Aspire Master Cylinder. Just something to think about. Great job on the swap! Pics?

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

In the U.S. those are part # k9737 or moK9737 for the moogs, about 10$ each set (one side) on ebay. I recently replaced mine. They come with new washers and a sway bar nut, I highly recommend anti-seize.

If anyone has information on locating the front (sway bar-frame) bushings I'd really appreciate the info! There are universal bushings, but you have to fab your own bracket(s) to use them and it drops the sway bar the thickness of the bracket in the front.

Also @ op, the clicking is most definately a driveshaft. Just figure out which side it's comming from if it's new maybe it's just getting broke in?!
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 10-26-2011, 06:12 PM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Timmay89: I too was led to believe that Aspire brakes would require more brake fluid movement and therefore an Aspire master cylinder swap but I've been happily driving my Aspire/Festy with the original Festy MC for 6 months now and have not noticed any difference in braking effort. To the contrary the new brakes are considerably better. Of course if it makes you feel better, go ahead with the larger assist.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                    In the U.S. those are part # k9737 or moK9737 for the moogs, about 10$ each set (one side) on ebay. I recently replaced mine. They come with new washers and a sway bar nut, I highly recommend anti-seize.

If anyone has information on locating the front (sway bar-frame) bushings I'd really appreciate the info! There are universal bushings, but you have to fab your own bracket(s) to use them and it drops the sway bar the thickness of the bracket in the front.

Also @ op, the clicking is most definately a driveshaft. Just figure out which side it's comming from if it's new maybe it's just getting broke in?!
                    Or you can just machine down the polyurethane to fit into the OEM brackets. This is well documented in the Custom Suspension/Braking forum if you search for it. Seems to be a popular and viable solution! It's what I plan to do for my car assuredly.

The actual bracket bushings (22/24/26mm with no modification required) can be imported from the Australian company SuperPro by the suspension giant TEIN. This will be very costly, inconvenient, and frustrating. The customer service reps who deal with TEIN's import wing or division are really slow or MIA to respond to emails. I never even received a shipping tracking number when I purchased them. I speak from personal experience, having procured some inner control arm bushings this way.
                    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                    X