This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accepting entries for FOTM November 2013

Ok...got another month to get the entries in. Lets see them... :car: :thumbs_up:
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Here it is and here's the story. Have had 3 other festivas and was searching for the prime candidate while spending most of my 5 year enlistment in San Diego. Bought this gem a few hours North of the border in Long Beach, CA last year. Since then it's recently made it's way up the coast from Southern CA to the great state of WA been repainted to color match it's towing mule, lifted 4 inches and fitted with some 12x8 ATV wheels and 25x8 mud tires. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking....

CHEERS!
    1992 GL- 4" lift 25x8-12 Dirt Devils, color matched to below truck, still gets bangin MPG
    2006 F250 KingRanch 4" lift, on 37's-does NOT get bangin MPG

Comment

Oh man that is nice! Need more pics--interior & motor pls, + lift details.
      Last edited by TominMO; 11-02-2013, 05:50 AM.
      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I like what you have done with the festy, maybe you and movin could plan a play date and hit the back trails for some Hunting and Fishing. Congrats nice car.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

very kool!
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Nice! I need. Set of those tires! Does it feel more like a truck now? Mine does!
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-02-2013, 10:21 AM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              Nice! I need. Set of those tires! Does it feel more like a truck now? Mine does!
              still feels like a festiva, but a little higher up and a nice rumble on the road...

more photos and info to follow!
              1992 GL- 4" lift 25x8-12 Dirt Devils, color matched to below truck, still gets bangin MPG

Comment

Thats cool! I like all the lifted Festy's showing up as of late!!! The paint goes surprisingly well on that Festy!

I posted a thread a while back called "How do you like it, Raised or Lowered?" and most were lowering them then, but I bet it there are more lifted Festy's now!

Mine is rasied about 1 1/2 - 2 inches.
                Last edited by drddan; 11-02-2013, 10:29 PM.
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

I like the color combination!!
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

I used aluminum round stock drilled, tapped and seated for the springs in the rear with a lathe then used steel pipe for the fronts. Very simple, cheap and works. I did two sets, a 2 1/2" set and 4".

Front struts now work as beverage holders.

Comment

You should start making festiva lift kits very nice festiva by the way.
                      The paint goes very nice with it.

Comment

I like it!!
                        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
                        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
                        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
                        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

Nice.
                          Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                          91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I suppose just to get some kind of competition I'll enter this month lol..

This is my first Festiva, bought it from member blackhandbeagles back in April this year, it was aspire engine swapped and pretty much bare bones minimum maintenance to keep it running. Engine ran great and the chassis was solid. Not much rust considering it spent most of its life in ohio.

The rotors were warped pretty bad when I bought it, so I rebuilt the knuckles.

I found an 89 tracer in the junk yard so I grabbed the int wiper stalk...and started dreaming a little bigger!

I ended up pulling a tranny from a Columbus PnP for a friends truck, and while I was there I yanked some rio struts and springs! That gave the front a nice 2"+ lift. I also went ahead and swapped over to some energy suspension bushings!

A couple days later I installed a CAI using parts I won at the Ohiosteva Spring Fling '13 raffle!

Annd gave my little 'Fiona' a tramp stamp, courtesy of our very own Bobbyspider!! The name was chosen by my wife because it reminded her of shreks wife, lol. Nice and easy going till the sun goes down then she unleashes the fury!

I had been looking for some tires for awhile, then these popped up for sale here on the forums. The guy didn't like them, but it was because he was trying to slam the car on them. Haha I had an idea and thought they would look a lot better under a lifted festy, and it turns out I was right! This is after a couple hours of scrubbing and polishing.

Mounted on the car..the brush gaurd is part of an ongoing project that is vital to my overall goal with the car.

I hadn't touched the rear suspension yet, but I thought it needed a little lift, so I made some spacers from miata top hats I had laying around and stuck some 150# miata springs in the rear. The rear strut bolt capsulated nut was gone and there was a gaping hole in the axle. I welded a thick washer to the inside and put a bolt in it.

Then had some fun.

I found these in a JY festy and had to out them in my car!

I had left the bump stops stock length but they were too tall with shorter springs and the custom spacer block for the lift, so I cut the to leave 1.5" of suspension travel before they hit. Same in front..

About a week later bryant(Gomez) took my motor home with him!!!!

But it's ok I had this waiting for a new home!!!

Luckily Karl(SafteyGuy) is close!! I spent a whole day cleaning the engine bay, then Karl came down and helped me drop that beast in!

The next day was spent mocking up the exhaust and radiator/hoses and finishing up the wiring. A PO had chopped up the stock harness pretty good inside and out.

Karl also hooked me up with a on tach cluster!!

I have done quite a bit to this car during all of this that wasn't documented, tracer door locks and steering column, entirely new front suspension rack rods ends the works, mounted a roof rack, and installed a hitch!+ a lot more!!!

I would keep going but it would take forever haha I love this car and it's a lot of fun, I'll just leave it here with a link to the rest and this sweet pic lol..

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

How come I can't find Memphis speakers in any Festivas I find?
                              How do the speakers sound? Better than stock? Is the picture for the front ones?

Comment

Working...
                              X