Old Blue - New Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Blue - New Tricks

I guess it's time. Working on this when it isn't raining or I'm not working. Less time than you'd think. I may end up just hauling it to the garage to finish it up. But that's an IF. Garage is 30 minutes away on a BAD road.

So, pics.

In the beginning there was Blue, and it was good.

But the engine blew (not so good), so I bought this.

Then it got cold and snowy, so it slept for a while.

B6-ME in, and slim fan is too.

Custom batt bracket.

Why? For this of course.

How big is it? I'm glad you asked. It's around 3 beers long by 1.33 beers tall and about 1 beer wide.

So, tiny.

Short term goal is to get it running and stopping nicely with an Aspire swap in front and redrill in back. Then it'll get lowered and finally some 13" racing steelies with some healthy camber to tuck them in.
    And then of course, turbo. It'll also get a nice paint job eventually, as I now have the place to do one right.

More as I have it.
    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Nice!
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Thanks. Today is cable day, and I flung the copper 90 that was going to be the midway terminal to oblivion with the angle grinder. So only got the ground done.

It's the simple things in life, like big honkin' custom battery cables. With stock to compare.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

I like your battery measurement technique. I move that it be adopted as a community standard! :-)
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Speaking of that Miller 5.9 Ice, has Wv changed their laws about maximum alcohol by volume?
          SC just changed theirs from 6.2 to 17.5 last year and the locals are pushing legislation this year to eliminate the middleman requirement for microbreweries.
          Might be tough though considering the amount of money the Nations Beer Wholesaler contribute to legislators.

Nice cable too!
          Last edited by 1990new; 05-20-2015, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            I like your battery measurement technique. I move that it be adopted as a community standard! :-)
            +1
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
              lol Somebody let Father John know, and he can make it so.

Originally posted by 1990new View Post
              Speaking of that Miller 5.9 Ice, has Wv changed their laws about maximum alcohol by volume?
              SC just changed theirs from 6.2 to 17.5 last year and the locals are pushing legislation this year to eliminate the middleman requirement for microbreweries.
              Might be tough though considering the amount of money the Nations Beer Wholesaler contribute to legislators.

Nice cable too!
              I'm not really sure on the laws. We do still have some stupid ones like you can't buy ANY alcohol on Sunday till after 1:00pm. I'm sure was originally so people would be sober for Sunday service.

But ABV I have no idea on. I know I've bought Raging B IPA that was 8.3, so that's allowed. Also Steel Reserve High Gravity, which is up there too.

And thanks, it's prolly my favorite cable ever.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Sketch, which ECU are you running with the B6-ME?
                "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
                “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

I just swapped the Festiva injectors in so I could use the stock ECU. Eventually my plan is to use a Miata one, which I already have. I just want it back on the road right now. It's been way too long.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Gooo blue!!
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Love battery swaps...Last year I asked my buddy how far off the road was hunt camp. His reply, "About a rack and a half"
                      Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Cables done and installed with battery. This little thing spins the engine just fine.

Intake done, hood struts installed, and finally after a year IT RUNS!

Still need to finish up the exhaust and find replacement exhaust mani to DP nuts. Nothing I have laying around fits. I'm baffled there.

But IT RUNS

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

like the headers!! not a big fan of the air filter though! get some paint cans and give those bumpers a new life, it would change the whole look of the car...

Comment

That "header" is actually stock, and it sucks more than it shows. They really dropped the ball quality wise. Bumpers will definitely get blacked later on.

Tomorrow is the maiden voyage, and it's to NYC. Oh yes I will.

Oh and thanks. Though the air filter is strictly function over form. No room for anything else.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

For some reason Photobucket is down, so I'll upload later.

But I finally dipped into my parts from the last 4green group buy. New wiper linkage and nuts, and I painted the wiper arms so they look nice again.

Old Blue- New Tricks

Comment

Working...
                              X