need to gain ground clearance on festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdutton View Post
    Drddan what i forgot to ask was what did you do for the strut tower bearings? are not all aspire tower bearings 3 bolt type? also are the aspire tower bearings a bushing or are they the bearing type? What years of aspire can be used are they all the same no matter what year
    Aspire/festiva strut bushings are rubber. Rio strut bushings are bearing style and can be used in conjunction with festiva/aspire struts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
      Aspire/festiva strut bushings are rubber. Rio strut bushings are bearing style and can be used in conjunction with festiva/aspire struts.
      The top mount doesn't directly swap between rio and festy/aspire struts, but if you search you can find the fix to make them work, i believe it's just a spacer or washer that's needed. The strut rod on the Rio strut is thicker.

Originally posted by mdutton View Post
      Drddan what i forgot to ask was what did you do for the strut tower bearings? are not all aspire tower bearings 3 bolt type? also are the aspire tower bearings a bushing or are they the bearing type? What years of aspire can be used are they all the same no matter what year
      all factory aspire and festiva top mounts are rubber bushings. all factory aspire and festiva top mounts are a 2 bolt type. all 94-97 (american) model aspires use the same factory struts/springs respectively.
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-09-2011, 11:58 AM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
      X