June FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June FOTM Winner

The Winner for June FOTM goes to.................

Ghost!! Congratulation!!!

Here is his entry again

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
    ill play.

i beleive this is the longest i have ever owned a car. I go through cars quick, so 2 years is a long time

previously i knew nothing about festivas, but i saw it on a local forum and thought it was awesome. so i bought it.

the previous owner dynoed the stock b3 at 35whp. he swapped in a bp and then sold the car cause he needed money. the guy he sold it to turboed it. then the previous owner bought it back. drove it for awhile, dynoed it at 185whp @5psi and 243whp @11psi then sold it to me.

when i got it:

clutch was slipping and it had the stock festy trans, which i soon found out was very weak. 2 weeks after i had bought it, it destroyed itself while i was racing an sti on the highway.

replaced the tranny with another stock one and babied it for the next few months.

the tires were not cutting it, i needed more traction. 15x8 did not fit easily. ordered some super rare ultra hard to get heavily sought after jdm fender flares.

also added a grill, painted on some eyelids, and cut out the bumper for some more airflow

last day of college my junior year i decided i would launch it leaving school. i made it about 6 ft.

time for a g-series swap. ordered mounts from a ff member in canada, but they got lost in shipping so i decided to make my own. good thing, because it was a tight fit and they required some special mods.

also ordered a spec stage 2 sprung clutch

painted the engine bay

the flake

got the tranny in and found out it has no syncros in 1st or 2nd. great.

drove it like that for almost a year

redid the wheels and lowered it with ebay coilover sleeves and springs. it got pretty bouncy.

one day i hear a grinding noise from the tranny. pull the tranny off, turns out an alignment pin came out of the flywheel

needless to say, i replaced the tranny. with one that works finally.

latest mod is the carbon fiber vinyl hood

and how the car sits as of now

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congratulation's! GHOST FTW!
    Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
    Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
    Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
    Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
    http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Nice lookin car! Grats!
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Congratulations … very nice car!
        "Today, no American family can be secure against the danger that one of its children may decide to become an artist"

-Garrison Keillor

Comment

Well deserved Ghost 243@11psi is straight up s|ck!
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

LOVE this car! Congrats!
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yeah thats a ton of power for only 11 psi...wonder what the secret is?
              91GL BP/F3A with boost
              13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I bet he's juicin'
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Congrats! Your car is a monster for sure. Hope to see it in person sometime.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

CONGRATS!!!! love this beastly creation.

Comment

thanks guys

a special thanks to festyboy, he has been my go to guy for all my parts/tires/questions!

Comment

Working...
                      X