94 ASPIRE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 ASPIRE

Two nights ago my exhaust blew out on the highway. Got some new pipes & a Glass Pack. Fab it up last night.Come in for a shower.No Hot water coming from the sink.Wifey says, HEY THERE"S NO HOT WATER.Go downstairs & see a puddle under the heater :angryfire:
    I think it sounds way better than stock.Check out the video at the end. I originally had a 1.5" pipe replacing the Cat.I didnt like the performance on the bottom end. Now I installed a 2" flex pipe in its place.It seems like it really helped the bottom end torque.Now to tackle the Hot Water Heater :angry1:

Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

nice, i hve a 8" glasspck on my 97 spire, love the sound of it

Comment

Not trying to offend everyone here, but I am sure glad I live in Florida where it doesn't snow.
      Current cars:

1993 Ford Festiva 5-Speed - Festiclese III - Cousin of the Banhammer - "The Jalopnik Car"
      1984 Toyota Cressida - 2JZGE Swap, Turbocharged.
      2013 Mazda Mazda2 - Exhaust and Wheels (the daily)
      2002 Toyota Tundra - V6/Auto/2WD - The Tow Vehicle.

Comment

more detailed pics please
        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofna View Post
          Not trying to offend everyone here, but I am sure glad I live in Florida where it doesn't snow.
          LOL Are you talking about my rust bucket?

Comment

Originally posted by lil red rocket View Post
            nice, i hve a 8" glasspck on my 97 spire, love the sound of it

Sounds good Rocket!

Comment

BP Festy part down

It took Mckabe's Dad & I @ 4 hrs to load this thing onto the car hauler. Had to use all hand tools & jacks etc. Took @ 4 min to unload it with a skid loader :eeeeeek: I hope the block didnt get cracked,I dont see any real damage except the timing cover area.
              Gonna slice & dice this wreck in a couple days. I need the the RH rear quarter for my Black Festy. Mckabe got hit hard,took lots of extra time with the dash cus everything wash jus wedged together.All thats left is break/fuel lines. Such a shame there is NO rust on this car. Didnt even need a torch for the break lines. Thats a rarity here in WI
              LOL ! Just noticed my oldest son looks really funny! No he's not retarded,but he just got his ACL done.Peace!

Last edited by nitrofarm; 01-07-2012, 06:00 PM. Reason: Jus noticed my son looks really strange.

Comment

Nice work on that exhaust! Before you fixed this, did you use 1.5" in place of the cat because the rest of the pipes were 1.5? The haynes manual and various people I've asked said it's supposed to be a 1.75" pipe all the way back stock, but when I look at my pipe from the downpipe flange to the cat it seems like it's 1 1/4 or something, it's really tiny.

Mckabes old car looks like it was in cherry condition too, you can tell someone put time into that car.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
                  Nice work on that exhaust! Before you fixed this, did you use 1.5" in place of the cat because the rest of the pipes were 1.5? The haynes manual and various people I've asked said it's supposed to be a 1.75" pipe all the way back stock, but when I look at my pipe from the downpipe flange to the cat it seems like it's 1 1/4 or something, it's really tiny.

Mckabes old car looks like it was in cherry condition too, you can tell someone put time into that car.
                  Ya I used 1.5" because thats what was on the down pipe.So I just went with it.

Comment

Inner tie Rod DIY

My inner Tie Rods where very noisey.Hit a bump & they would BANG! Plulled em out and they have very little play. But its enough so that they become very noisey. Car is nice and tight now,and much QUIETER. (outers only have 10k on them) Here is a quick DIY. I'm gonna do CAMBER BOLTS tonight....

Comment

Hub set up

Got a new tool today! Did the preload setup & drilled the knuckle for camber bolt. The third pic is actually a Vid-

Last edited by nitrofarm; 02-10-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Built a Tool Caddy

Check it out !

Comment

Makes me miss my baby a lot. And kind of scary to look at again.
                          :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Very nice! I need to look into a nice toolbox lol, I need one with a lock to keep the kids and old lady out LOL...
                            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Handy and organized, two things I lack.
                              sigpic
                              The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                              https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                              Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Working...
                              X