Festfalia Pop Up Camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festfalia Pop Up Camper

Got this festy for 400 as a winter beater but I fell in love with It made after it through the worst winter Michigan has seen in ages. I decided to convert it into a pop up camper as a 40 mpg bed sounds fun. Unfolded there is 3x8 and just under 4 ft tall at the tallest. When folded it takes up a space of 3x4 ft and 4.5 inches tall. I Know its a lil crazy but what do you think of it?

IMG_1469.jpg
    Last edited by vivamifestiva; 05-17-2014, 09:27 AM.

Very cool
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Sun roof for a pass through window and your all set. Bunk beds!
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Remove rear seat. Remove passenger seat. Pywood + jigsaw + drill + 2X6s + wood screws. Level out the floor from the rear to the front. Add pillow. Finished.

I assume you saw the documentary on bedbugs and unsanitary motel/hotel accomodations too!
        Last edited by bravekozak; 05-17-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Waaay ahead of you flying4, you just gotta be thin to get through. Welded a cage underneath the hole to support it. The original support beam I though was welded but it turned out to be a glue, kinda scary lol. IMG_1463.jpg

Bravekozak, I got the rear seat gutted but I think Ill keep the passenger seat. I added a lil piece of plywood with some foam to the back of the seat that flips down to form a lounge/bed area when the seats are pushed forward all the way, surprisingly comfortable and getting two floors of sleeping out of this lil guy is fantastic. Will post more pics as I progress but first I gotta change the struts all the way around. Just throwing kybs on it, wanted to beef it up with some custom suspension but this was my first time changing struts and Im broke.

Comment

Great ingenuity! You are obviously just the kinda wacky guy we Festivites like!
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Thanks tomin, I built a lot of things and people tell me I'm crazy all the time. I just take it as a compliment now lol. Got the rear leveled with plywood and figured out the rain and wind cover that folds with it. It gets bolted down with 4 bolts and the same four bolts hold the tent portion up.

Festfalia.jpg
              Last edited by vivamifestiva; 05-24-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thats cool !
                And Tom its Festivians.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

I want one
                  -Greg
                  Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                  BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                  Redneck Engineer
                  FOTY - '09
                  5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

That's awesome!
                    Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                    91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Managed to rig up a tent that also folds off the back, just an old rain fly and a couple poles from other broken tents. Picked all that stuff off the ground for free after a music festival, it's gross how much people throw away but at least some of it got repurposed.

photo-5.jpg

Comment

Amazing yogaslacker never thought of this. Hilarious idea, but I love it. Now if you could just cut the entire roof off and add hydraulic supports like the old 60-70's Ford Econolines.

Like this:
                        Learn more about BaT Exclusive: 59k-Mile 1969 Ford Camper Van + Trailer on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.
                        White '92 GL 5-speed BP, G series, Aspire/Rio swapped, "Nancy"
                        White '89 LX 5-speed, Aspire swapped, Weber carb
                        1988 LX 5-speed
                        ​​​1993 L 5-speed B8, E series, Aspire/Rio swapped

Gone:

1986 Chevrolet Sprint 1990 L Plus Auto

Comment

Saw this in person tonight. Very creative and well executed. Nice meeting you Matt.
                          My Fuel Log

See post #10 for my tips on fuel economy

Comment

That is so perfectly awesome!
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Just looking for some input. How much would you be willing/do you think other craigslist people would be willing to pay for something like this? Not looking to sell it but I have a chance to get a deal on another festy and was thinking a 2.0 version would be fun to make and would eventually sell one.
                              Lots has been done to it since the last update, I'll get to posting those soon.
                              After aeromods I was getting 50 plus, could sleep 2/3 as both floors double to sleep in.
                              Can still transport 4 if needed the rear seat modded pops in after 1 minute.
                              I am working on a solar array for it, Its not to far from being able to be titled as a RV under MI Law. Worlds smallest RV could provide a lil publicity lol.
                              If I could sell it for a lil profit and keep making these that would be my dream. I love tiny houses and the like.

Comment

Working...
                              X