No announcement yet.

Matthew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digging that armrest console. You gotta get rid of that time stamp on your photos though. Especially if you aren't gonna have it display the correct time!
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
      What dyno did Matt have it on when he posted the following?

Between different dynos, different fuel, and a different operator, I'd say 135 crank isn't too far fetched.

EDIT: And aren't the Mustangs called dream killers or something like that?
      Lol if you believe that, my first gen b6 is putting down 150@the crank with stock intake!

It is good to know a little head work will go a long way, does Matthew still have the custom intake manifold?
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Even more pics:

Right front

Left rear

159.9 HP! I was gonna lead with this pic, and no explanation. :-) It was just a spike in the reading, not accurate. Also, ignore the torque readings.

Here's the real thing:

Dyno shot

The shop

Under the hood
        Last edited by TominMO; 12-04-2013, 08:38 PM.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Tom, what's with the odd engine speed numbers on the graph? i can't immagine that you only pulled to 4500 rpm. also, why couldn't they just tap the yellow/green wire for the tach signal?
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
            It is good to know a little head work will go a long way, does Matthew still have the custom intake manifold?
            I think mine is the prototype. But I imagine he has notes, and can duplicate it.

BTW I just rattle-canned the hatch yesterday. It was an unbecoming red, and poorly done at that. Original hatch color was blue! Hatch glass is not tinted; it just looks that way because the rest of the glass in the car is.
            Last edited by TominMO; 12-04-2013, 08:45 PM.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              Tom, what's with the odd engine speed numbers on the graph? i can't immagine that you only pulled to 4500 rpm. also, why couldn't they just tap the yellow/green wire for the tach signal?
              Ignore the RPM #s too. They were pulling to fuel cutoff or just below, every time. Fourth gear BTW. RPM #s are bogus for the same reason they couldn't synch with my tach, since I didn't have one. As far as the yellow wire, I'm guessing it's not their job to be screwing around with the test vehicle (time is money you know); it's my job to have a tach!

If you schmucks do talk me into going back, I will have a tach even if I have to swap in my tach cluster from Larry.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by Prafeston View Post
                Digging that armrest console. You gotta get rid of that time stamp on your photos though. Especially if you aren't gonna have it display the correct time!
                I know, I know....

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Tom, have you considered an after market tach mounted under the dash/on the console for that purpose?
                  Jerry
                  Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
                  90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
                  92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
                  93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

The shop manager said to take off 20% for driveline. Given that, a stock Festy makes ~50 wheel HP. Since this dynoed at 92 WHP, that is an 84% improvement! And still NA to boot! With a stronger bottom end, I could see giving it 15 lbs and double the HP. ~18 lbs would get it to 200! Those guys at the shop would flip out for sure. :-)

Edit: If I got a slightly larger turbo than optimal, it wouldn't kick in until ~3000 rpm, and I could drive it for MPGs when I wanted, and for fun the other 95% of the time.
                    Last edited by TominMO; 12-04-2013, 09:09 PM.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by Team Lightning View Post
                      Tom, have you considered an after market tach mounted under the dash/on the console for that purpose?
                      Yeah, Matt had a smallish tach to the left of the cluster. I'd like to get that one again. I'll have to ask him about it. Also I want to mod a 140-mph Protege speedo into the non-tach cluster to replace the stock one. For obvious reasons. ;-)

Disaster preparedness

Comment

I think a stock b6t turbo would work really good on a 1.3l it would be a little big but that would just be a little lag. Sounds fun. Good numbers.
                        1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
                          I think a stock b6t turbo would work really good on a 1.3l it would be a little big but that would just be a little lag. Sounds fun. Good numbers.
                          Not sure what I'm gonna do with this car. I don't need two fast Festys. And I want Greg to swap a BP + F or G tranny into Larry, which I can later turbo. But I have to admit, this little monster is growing on me, as I keep doing stuff to it. But I don't want to customize it to such a degree that I limit its salability; just normal uprading that pretty much anyone would like to have.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Matt is really coming along, the interior looks great, I cant tell from the pic, did you get the windshield swapped, the rear hatch looks better to, Have fun and enjoy your new car.
                            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by sc72 View Post
                              Matt is really coming along, the interior looks great, I cant tell from the pic, did you get the windshield swapped, the rear hatch looks better to, Have fun and enjoy your new car.
                              Windshield not done yet, no rush on that compared to struts. I've been driving it on Larry's plates until I get it inspected. I'll need the windshield done to pass.

Disaster preparedness

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                                Ignore the RPM #s too. They were pulling to fuel cutoff or just below, every time. Fourth gear BTW. RPM #s are bogus for the same reason they couldn't synch with my tach, since I didn't have one. As far as the yellow wire, I'm guessing it's not their job to be screwing around with the test vehicle (time is money you know); it's my job to have a tach!

If you schmucks do talk me into going back, I will have a tach even if I have to swap in my tach cluster from Larry.
                                also keep in mind that 4th is an overdrive gear of .86 or so... a 3rd gear pull would be more accurate @ 1.03:1 (iirc the ratios correctly, i'm not gonna look them up: lazy)
                                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                                X