B3 Distributor Confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 Distributor Confusion

Alright so I have a few questions about my distributor about my Festy.
    Let me start by telling you the situation I'm in right now, so me and a few buddies are replacing my distributor on my Festy and we got put to a halt when we pulled what we thought to be the replacement distributor. Problem is that it was too small compared to the one that was previously installed.
    Now recently I changed the computer on my car and it had to have the same numbers as the original, is this the same situation as the distributor too?? I'm lost but I grabbed the numbers off of it.
    T4T72775 Y5
    B359 oy2

I'm just wondering if it's a Festy Distributor or a Mazda b3 distributor, I do have a b3 swap and that's why I need the advise.
    Again, if you have any advise or even the part that I need please let me know, it'd be a great help! Thanks!

Stock motors are Mazda b3's. Just a fancy term for 1.3L.

How is the distributor smaller? It would help if we knew the year of the vehicles your talking about. Distributors are pretty simple, does it have vacuum advance or is it for an efi car with a plug/ socket on top?
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

You said you pulled one.....what did you pull it from? If you pulled it from a festy, then it will fit just fine.

Comment

IIRC gen1 323 B6 (1986-89) distys fit on too. The gen2 323 ones have the slots for the two bolts in a diffferent orientation than the earlier B6/B3. But yeah, we need to know what year Festy, and if it's carby or EFI.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

The 88-89 tracer disty has a vaccum advance canister similar to the carby disty, I'd like to know the part number from a carby disty to see if they're the same.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I have an 89 Festiva L Automatic, fuel injected. It was a spare distributor that was in my shed. And it was smaller.

Comment

The 89 Autos use the same distributor as carb cars other than 1 connector you may need to change for the BK/WH and BL wires.

Look for a T4T72771 B303
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Originally posted by Sagermeister View Post
                I have an 89 Festiva L Automatic, fuel injected. It was a spare distributor that was in my shed. And it was smaller.
                So if it was a spare disty in your shed, you didn't personally take it off a car. Probably not a Festy disty, which is why it's too small. Have you owned some other small car in the past, like a Metro maybe, that it came off of?
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X