• me 3
      Jack Byrd,
      1991 Capri
      1988 Festiva LX, 240K
      1970 Chev C10
      1977 Airstream Argosy MH

Comment

• i like the teal but im biased! hahahaha

use the aluminium FMIC. It will look nice in the front of the FMS bumper, and provide some cooler IAT temps then the other ones.

Comment

• I'm also partial to the body color pillar/window surround. If you do it in black Vinyl then you can go back if you decide you don't like it.
          Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Black. Especially with tinted windows and black mirrors and bumpers.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

• On the ICs: I'd go with one of the two factory ones. They tend to be a lot more resistant to vibration and debris (I know you're planning on racking up a lot of miles on this car) and IIRC according to Mr. Bell the 'tanks run the long side' arrangement is a bit more efficient. Since it seems that you're looking at going well above factory power I'd go with the Supra one.

Comment

• I think stock pillar color looks better. Doing other small accents on the car like a pinstripe detail will draw any eye just as well.

As for the intercoolers, I'd use the Supra one. It seems to be the most efficient
                '03 Grand Am GT SC/T (DD)
                '93 Festiva L (Blue)
                '91 Festiva L (Red) (Sold)
                '87 Monte Carlo SS Areo Coupe
                '68 Ranchero Fairlane 500 (RIP)

Comment

• Had the boys helping me today and got a lot done. Engine and transmission are out, struts and shocks are out, interior is all cleaned up and just about ready for sound deadener, dash is out too. Just have to pull the heater ducts then the deadener can go in. Also got the front hubs off. Thank you Elias and Isaac!

Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

• Nice work Pops!
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

• ATH bumper fitted... next step paint.

Sound deadener install started.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Comment

• The most noise for those who have hearing loss that deadens everything but tire noise...it come from the rear where this pic is showing deadener !!
                        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

• Just a quick update....

- Sound deadener is all done and the carpet is almost ready to go back in. Still have some tidying up to do before that happens

- I decided to paint the window surrounds to make it look like an LX. It will look better than body color with my dark tinted side windows. Driver's side is done, just working on the passenger side.

- Hatch glass was removed and the rust along the bottom of the opening repaired. Holes were drilled for the rear wiper. Still have to route the hose for the nozzle. Will be putting in the glass from my red car as it's already tinted and I know that almost all the defrost lines work.

- Quick clean up of engine compartment done. I'll be doing some more as things progress

Next few things on the agenda for the next few days:

- Sort out what I can do before tearing into the red car. The idea here is to minimize the amount of time both cars will be immobile.
                          - Wire up the doors for power mirrors and speakers
                          - Get the engine and transmission mated up. This will entail modifying the oil pan on the B6T as I'm using the stock E-series transmission.
                          - Remove the Festiva axle beam and e-brake cable.

Obviously there's still a lot to do so unfortunately I will not be done in time to have the car at Westiva. So the red B6 car will being making its final appearance instead of the aqua B6T car making its big debut.

Thanks for your continued interest and encouragement.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

• Nice progress! Looking forward to seeing more!
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

• Great work Ian! That car sure is a beaut!
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festiva_Fred View Post
                                Nice progress! Looking forward to seeing more!
                                Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                                Great work Ian! That car sure is a beaut!
                                Thanks for the encouragement! It's greatly appreciated.
                                Ian
                                Calgary AB, Canada

Comment

Working...
                                X