Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a story, new festy coming this morning!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome ! Thx for a wonderful story,glad it had a happy ending.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I love these heart-warming stories. I don't suppose the next time we see that car it will have been transformed.

Comment

The original owners packet was in the glovebox, all three booklets and the warranty card with their names ect. It was sold in Squaw Valley California and is a 10-89 1990 L-plus.

My son will be picking up the head set this morning from O'reilys, they had one in stock and may price match down to $75 bucks, maybe. New thermostat, coolant, oil and filters should complete the list to assemble.

What is a good method and product to tackle the paint oxidation ?? This one is really bad but when you wet your finger and rub a spot it looks like good paint is still under there?
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Hahaha nice score movin! What's in store for this one? I like the tow bar, how did that work out for you? It didn't try to steer you with your own rear tires did it? I don't know how you attached it but I had to pull the bumper cover and drilll holes in the bumper when Karl and I pulled krustyspire home. We were using a ranger that sits pretty high off the ground too.

I really like that last pic lol..
          Last edited by zoom zoom; 05-27-2013, 07:44 AM.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

score! great pics also tks 4 sharing
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

This will be a gas saver for my son and it looks like daughter-inlaw and my grandkids are warming up to it as well. New seat belts, for the front, the shoulder straps only. The question came up about how many child carriers will fit across the back?

Custom stuff? It is going to get some type of undercarriage guard as hunting and camping trips are in the future. Maybe a small lift but not like mine. I don't know , he is just starting to think about it!

Comment

So what was the fella asking for the Silver Festy.
                An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

He is asking $1500 it is a 89 auto. It was pretty nice really, his wifes daily driver. She is not too happy about it but they needed to do a handicap van I guess.

The tow bar really works nice and it sure used less fuel than any SUV !! It towed nice at hiway speed but I had to take the corners at posted speed, kind of unusual for a festy lol. The brakes are stock but worked fine, just the usual precaution while towing.

I took the little pins out of the towbar and used grade eight bolts with grade 5 washers. The factory festy shipping hooks have 2 holes in each side and the grade five washers convexed on each side into these holes. The connection stayed tight and secure through all our adventures until we got home. I bolted the safety chain to one of the rear holes in the same cargo tie. Shoot, I would tow another festy cross country if I needed to, it was not hard at all.

Comment

You haven't answered the important question though... did you make it back in time for the BBQ? :highly_amused:
                    Ian
                    Calgary AB, Canada
                    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Yup, man things still intact!!!

The complete head set, tstat and coolant are picked up. Need to figure out something for the paint, somebody told my son a mix of gasoline and oil, that sounds like a bang up good time any ideas?? Better ones ? Just need to cut back down to paint for normal buff and wax to follow.

Comment

Congrats! That's a score if I've ever seen one! I need a Festiva tow bar.
                        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Yeah, it is, and I just found he scored a brand new still in roll laser cut oregon legal window tint set with the car too!!! The whole set!! Maybe he will trade out of it, I have been wanting that for a while!

Comment

I had extremely oxidized paint when I first bought my car.
                            One night of a random orbital buffer with some rubbing compound followed by polishing compound then a hand wax and my paint was shiny and like new.
                            Lots of elbow grease, too.
                            I have to rewax often but we have harsh sun and ozone around here.

Before:

After:
                            Last edited by Oren09; 05-28-2013, 12:39 AM.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

That looks really awesome and your country is pretty close to ours, maybe a touch hotter and windier. I suppose the same could be done by hand, youthful enthusiasm and all?

My electric buffer went up in smoke but if it is a necessity I could pull brownie points and borrow the body shop helper with the big buffer..??

Comment

I bought the Turtle Wax brand buffer at Walmart for $20~30. I've used it a few times on my car (buffed new parts from collision repair) and other vehicles as well.

You could do it by hand but I hope you have several spare arms.
                                ~Austin
                                Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Working...
                                X