Whitey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
    were you able to replace the dizzy o-ring? if not, it's a 36mm nitrile rubber o-ring, any parts store should be able to hook you up.
    Got it thanks Festy

Originally posted by avitsefdrof View Post
    Nitro...where'd ya get the two stage thermo at? Got a part number? thanks.
    Please read this thread Dude http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...at-replacement

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Hey lookin good man! It's good to see these nicer cars comming out of the woodwork and belonging to someone who appreciates and knows how to care for them!

The difference between 94/95 and 96/97 distys is the later OBDII cars used an external Ckp mounted down by the crank pulley. Earlier models everything was internal in the disty. Kind of sucks, the coil can't be upgraded...at least not as easily as a Festy coil...but then it is a lot simpler to have it all in one place.
    My 94 Aspire & 97 Aspire Dizzy's look the same but like I stated earlier they have a different shaft size for the Rotor. Whadya guys think of trying the 94 dizzy in the 97? ? ? Worst case it wont run right?
    Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-14-2012, 02:17 AM.
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
      Oh, are you planning on starting a fuelly account for him? I'd like to see some mpg numbers if you track it!
      I wasnt planning on it but it sounds like a good idea. LOL I drive a lot,you'll be amazed at how many miles we rack up each month!

Comment

Thought I'd share a little of my personal life with you gents. I have a company called Recon Property service's. I'm the guy thats out there looking at the homes in default for the banks. Found this one vacant,they just "Walked away" from the house.Sometimes they leave the doors open,but this wasnt the case. So I have to to use my skills at "Picking & Drilling". This is a very well known lock manufacture,but I know its flaws. If you see this hole in your lock,you know Nitro was here. Anyway I thought it was fitting for this thread because it was "Whitey's" first Recon mission,and He passed with flying colors!

Comment

I'll be the house they went to isn't that nice... Rough times...

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
          1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
          1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
          1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
          1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by TheresGabe View Post
            I'll be the house they went to isn't that nice... Rough times...
            Has nothing to do with "Rough Times" its a DIVORCE that caused the forclosure.

Comment

I was able to swap out the 94 Dizzy with the 97 Dizzy with no "Noticeable Difference's". I need to know which terminals I jump in the "Self Test" box. I don't have a manual for this 97 OB11. Any help would be greatly appreciated........:thumbs_up:

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
                Has nothing to do with "Rough Times" its a DIVORCE that caused the forclosure.
                Better than losing your job I guess, however walking away from that house, just caused 7 years +++ of credit problems and everything else for those that were living in that house. Not trying to start a fight. Just saying that is a nice house, and crazy that somebody had to walk away from it.

On a high note, your Aspire looks right at home in that garage!
                Last edited by TheresGabe; 12-17-2012, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Finally got my timing set on this car,I had myself convinced that the jumper wires where different than my 94.Not so they are the same,and the only difference in Dizzy's that I can tell is the capacitor.Got the timing & idle set and the "Check Light" is now staying off.Thanks for your guys help on the other thread btw! Now I just have a slight miss,and I think it might be coming from some weak HLA's. I'm going to install some new & see how she sounds. Dont want to mess around and damage a cam.

Comment

Hub rebuild & bearing preload setup

I needed to rebuild the Hubs on this car.The bearings were so loud they drowned out the radio. When I took them apart the grease smelled so burnt it was gross.When I got these hubs cleaned up it was evident that the previous owner had done some terrible maintenance on these hubs. I recently saw someones "right up" on doing the hubs. The gent had the same press as me but did it wrong.He made spacers out of wood etc. This isnt required,you are supposed to press the Knuckle onto the hub.Not visa verse. So I thought I'd do a quick tutorial,this seems to be a constant discussion on this forum. I cant stand not knowing my car isnt right so I bought the "Spacer selection Tool" on eBay for like $50.00 bucks. Its well worth the money.The vid at the end inst to show off my mad vid skillz,but rather to show a "Newb" how easy it is to check a spacer's "Preload". Its really quite easy,cleaning & painting is the biggest job with these old parts now.

Last edited by nitrofarm; 12-20-2012, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks Nitro! That is a great write up! After reading it, I'm TOTALLY buying knuckles from the member that does all this precise work pre-sale! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X