Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vw a2/A3 struts, HOpfully we can use these in a festy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was pondering the other day could you use the adjustable camber plate on a festiva chassis? I don't know myself this weekend i'll go and pull VW stuff at a junkyard and try to mate it to a festiva.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Tim has adjustable camber plates on his IDT car..

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES
        i was pondering the other day could you use the adjustable camber plate on a festiva chassis? I don't know myself this weekend i'll go and pull VW stuff at a junkyard and try to mate it to a festiva.
        You can use anything on any car if it fits...

The FMS camber plates won't work (strut rod diameter). Another solution I was thinking about would be to use a Rabbit adjustable camber plate, mounted on top of the strut tower. You either have to use a plate meant for top mounting, or you'd have to sandwich the camber plate on the top of the strut tower with two custom made "bolt plates" (I guess you could call them that) that go above the plate and under the strut tower to distribute the force over a larger area (since the bolts holding the camber plate would be in tension and if you only used the two M8 bolts, would snap and send strut mounts through your hood) and use probably 4x high grade M8 bolts to hold it all together.
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

hey damkid can you post pictures of yoour strut towers i want to see what fred did to acomidate for the bigger strut rod?

Comment

HOLY CRAP! You couldnt PM kid with this question? You had to dig up a 3 year old thread?!
            No award for you!
            Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
            - Unknown
            I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
            - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
            - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
              hey damkid can you post pictures of yoour strut towers i want to see what fred did to acomidate for the bigger strut rod?
              I'll take a pic after work today and PM it to you

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                HOLY CRAP! You couldnt PM kid with this question? You had to dig up a 3 year old thread?!
                No award for you!
                yeah, shame on you for using the search function.

Comment

Working...
                X