feedback carburetor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback carburetor

Since I have it all torn apart, I thought I would post some pics of the carb. Hopefully this will help someone break down some or all of the vacuum line routing on there carb'd Festy.

I have a lot of pics. Sadly, in order to get them on here I had to reduce them to 15% of there actual size. I am planning on taking the full sized pics into Windows Paint program to better illustrate the vacuum routing (once I learn it myself). If anyone sees something wrong, or wants to add some information PLEASE do so. I want this to be as helpful as possible to my fellow carb'd Festy owners.

Comment

The full sized pics are huge. If your like me, you look at those grainy b&w pics in the Haynes manual and shake your head. If anyone would like the full sized pics, pm me an e-mail addy, and I will do my best to hook you up. Maybe one of you that is both familiar with the carb and vacuum routing, and the use of a Windows paint program, could do some illustrating.

Comment

Nice photos. I use www.photobucket.com for free photo storage, one album per project, then include a link to the album in the posting here. Others who post here do the same.
        Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

more pics...

Comment

And...more pics...

Comment

more.....

Comment

easiest way to post multiple pix on one shot is to sign up for imageshack or (i prefer) Photobucket. then you just copy the links to the area i'm typing in now and the pix show up!! and they;re resized for you!
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

and more....

Comment

Thanks for that info guys. I have lots more pics. And I am going to take even more. Hopefully I can have a photobucket account set up sometime tonight and share the link.
                    Last edited by unknown; 02-18-2012, 10:02 AM. Reason: more info.

Comment

Not me !

Originally posted by WmWatt View Post
                      Nice photos. I use www.photobucket.com for free photo storage, one album per project, then include a link to the album in the posting here. Others who post here do the same.
                      LOL that would make waaaaay to much sense. I thought thats why its called a "photo bucket". You take your pics and them put em in the bucket
                      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

That carb looks new

Originally posted by unknown View Post
                        Since I have it all torn apart, I thought I would post some pics of the carb. Hopefully this will help someone break down some or all of the vacuum line routing on there carb'd Festy.
                        That carb is sooooo clean. If it doesnt run good,at least it will look good. I havent seen anyone give one of these carbs this much love since I joined.But most of the carbs I've seen have all the hose's plugged with bolts.And they are covered in road grime. Good luck I wish you well.Just try not to spend much dough on that Engineering master piece :nono:
                        Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                        Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                        Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

My word.........when they pass, whomever dreamed up all of that bundle of snakes in the first place should see to it that their brain is put in a glass jar and donated to Harvard for further study.

Comment

^^^The mechanical feedback carburettor is no less complex than the software in the automated carburettor-computer combination, you just don't see it, which also means you aren't able to tweek it. I read about a guy who wrote his own computer program and loaded it into his computer on a BMW but it cost him a lot in specialized equipment to do it.
                            Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

I don't find it to be terribly complicated. I mean, compared to a Weber set up it is, but it isn't rocket science. The problems I have with it are, diagrams that are not to scale, pictures that are small, grainy, and in black and white, and the frustration that all of the above bring. If one of these manuals were to start from the carburetor, pick a specific vacuum port, tell where the hose goes, and then move to the next one, that would be great.

I know kartracer posted an explanation on routing from the sensors to the breathers, that made more sense the first time I read it, than staring at the diagram for a week did.

Comment

Working...
                              X