Got a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a ?

My question is this. Does anyone make an adjustable cam gear for the b3 or b6. I am curious because I love the difference it made in my 2.3 ford race motor. If this has already been talked about my apologizes as I am posting this from my phone and it is a pain when it comes to searching.
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

very catching title

p.s. I hate you

p.p.s. Just kidding Believe in Jesus!

1993 Festiva L, aspire swapped, selling parts for a BP+T build.

Comment

FMS used to have an adjustable timing cam gear for the SOHC B3 and B6, but you'd have to call them to see if they have any left to sell.

Karl
      '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
      '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
      '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
      '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
      '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

you can use a cam gear from any B series miata
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          you can use a cam gear from any B series miata
          IIRC, you can buy a set for a B6D or BP and use them individually, right? So all you really need is someone else to split the cost and both get one.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

"IIRC, you can buy a set for a B6D or BP and use them individually, right? So all you really need is someone else to split the cost and both get one."

Hmmm!

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Yeah with a little further research I found the same thing I am getting ready to swap a b6 in my 91 GL and I have a performance cam and some machine work done so I want to be able fine tune it I have everything that I want to make it run good except a header oh well maybe one day
              Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

that's what miatas are!!!! (b6d and BP) LOL!!

only issue there is they come in pairs and not for less than $150
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X