Any benefit of CAI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any benefit of CAI?

Is there any benefit of adding a CAI to the standard B3? I love having it on my truck for a number of reasons but I really like not having skin off my knuckles from changing the filters. :p
    '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
    '02 F-150 Supercrew
    '02 Excursion 4x4
    '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

No
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
      No
      I love it. Short and sweet LOL
      '93 Festiva GL / "HOT ROD"
      '02 F-150 Supercrew
      '02 Excursion 4x4
      '98 Jeep Cherokee Classic Limited

Comment

Drill some holes in the bottom of the airbox. Same effect. More noise.
        91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

No
          How bout a BP with a ported head and intake?
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Maybe. Do before and after dyno runs. Make sure its a real cold air intake and not an open element filter in a hot engine bay like 98% of the kids run.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Maybe. Do before and after dyno runs. Make sure its a real cold air intake and not an open element filter in a hot engine bay like 98% of the kids run.
              Guess I will just have to rely on my butt dyno cause I dont have the cash to dyno it. I plan on making a cold air duct for the filter once I get that far with the project.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                Guess I will just have to rely on my butt dyno cause I dont have the cash to dyno it. I plan on making a cold air duct for the filter once I get that far with the project.
                Use acceleration runs as a poor man's dyno. Start from the same place every time and see where you reach 60 MPH, like which mailbox or telephone pole for example. Check it before and after installing the CAI, ignition advance, flame decals, etc.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                  Use acceleration runs as a poor man's dyno. Start from the same place every time and see where you reach 60 MPH, like which mailbox or telephone pole for example. Check it before and after installing the CAI, ignition advance, flame decals, etc.
                  Flame decals add 26 hp and a short throw drops et's by a couple seconds....maybe try some neon underglow lights....they only help for nighttime performance tho.

I couldn't resist.
                  Ford Fester

Comment

Why would I put flames decals and stuff on a sleeper festiva?

Comment

zippers are the BEST decal to make your car a sleeper

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I'd like to make a Cold air set-up when i do my BP
                        Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

i put one on when my festiva was a hurtin automatic, i never put it on a dyno or anything but thought it made a difference for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
                            Why would I put flame decals and stuff on a sleeper festiva?
                            To make it more of a sleeper! Everyone knnows that flame decals are totally lame, so putting them on just advertises how slow your car is. Then you floor it, showing the awesome power of the Festy B3 with holes drilled in the bottom of the airbox. And a cat-delete pipe or cored-out cat.
                            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                              To make it more of a sleeper! Everyone knnows that flame decals are totally lame, so putting them on just advertises how slow your car is. Then you floor it, showing the awesome power of the Festy B3 with holes drilled in the bottom of the airbox. And a cat-delete pipe or cored-out cat.
                              You really must be blind or dumb. My festy has a BP in it! See the sig VVVVV
                              Last edited by 91_festy_Gl; 03-19-2011, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X