Westiva 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westiva 2011

It's never too early to start planning...

Mark your calendars! Westiva 2011, the fourth annual, will be July 16th at Wedge Pond in Alberta's Kananaskis Country. This is the last Saturday of the Calgary Stampede so you could make a really nice vacation of it.

This is the same place as it's been held the past three years.

Campgrounds in the area fill up fast so I would recommend making reservations.

Mount Kidd (http://www.mountkiddrv.com/) is the closest, and nicest, but there are a couple of other options that aren't too far away.

These are only about a 30-40 minute drive at most from Wedge Pond.

As for hotels the closest are located in Kananaskis Village, not far from Wedge Pond.

Lets see if we can make it to 20 cars this year! We had 4 Festivas in '08, 5 in '09 and 10 in '10.

Follow these links to see photos from past years' events:

Westiva 2010

Westiva 2009

Westiva 2008
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

hmmmmm so that gives me 6 months to get my black car ready
    1992 black GL
    1991 white GL
    1991 blue L parts car
    1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
    1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

WHOOOOOoooooo!!!!! lets hope mine will be ready this year and i can drive it there.... if not ill just have to buy another one off CL and drive that lol....

anyone want to go to the track on friday? (i think its open friday, right?)

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Haha great nOw I have tons of time to make sure I show up on time!
        BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

I just looked at Westiva 2010 pics and there were so many beautiful cars and such spectacular scenery!

I will seriously consider a trip up for Westiva sometime in the next few years! That would be a great part of a road trip from Ohio.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'll be there!

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by sasquatch View Post
              anyone want to go to the track on friday? (i think its open friday, right?)
              Yes, and yes.

Comment

sweeeeeeet better get cracking on that turbo install (got to get that done soon, i got an auto show i MAY go in for my friends shop as advertisement...) even if i dont get the turbo in im sure ill still be happy racing my festiva again

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i might have to come up for that.... its only 14 hours form salem oregon (doing the speed limit) how hard is it to get over the canada border and back? do they hassle u.s. citizens much??

88 festiva lx, 2.3 turbo rwd swap in progress
                  1999.5 f-350 4x4 7.3 gtp38r 5" exhaust ect.
                  R.i.p. 1990 Western Star 5964s 3406b 530whp (4.2mpg!)
                  00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes
                  03' gt, full termi swap 700+ whp build

sponsered by,
                  pam pam's junk, dayton OR.
                  Bob's ok tires, salem OR.
                  Clausen Truckin', keizer OR.

Comment

^ why would they? do you look like a "bad" guy lol...

i dont think you should have any problems... just say your going on a trip up to jasper to do some sight seeing for a few days and you shouldnt have any problems... if you say your driving all that way to see some festivas they may give you funny looks... :scratch:

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by 1988festivazoom View Post
                      i might have to come up for that.... its only 14 hours form salem oregon (doing the speed limit) how hard is it to get over the canada border and back? do they hassle u.s. citizens much??
                      If you have a passport it's a breeze. In fact I believe they require one now. Or in some cases a acceptable substitute(in British Columbia we have a drivers license packed with security features you can option for and they can scan for border crossings)

I'm not sure why many Americans think the Canadian/USA border is so intimidating. Living where I do I'm about ten minutes from the border. We cross regularly for cheap gas,food, and beer not to mention the outlet malls. Its a two hour drive to Seattle, which is a great day trip. If you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to fear about the border crossing. In fact around here on a long weekend or black friday etc. The border line up can be 2-3+ hours. Sure sometimes you get a jerk crossing guard on EITHER side, but you just answer the questions and don't give any attitude back and you are on your way.

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

i will look into getting a pasport then. ive been to canada a fiew times butthat was in a semi and the rules are different bc u have paperwork saying that there is product that needs delivered.

00' western star flat top ex, 600hp 6nz 2250tq, 18918b, 3.55, full lockers, 6" straight pipes

sponsered by,

Comment

Track time has been suggested for Friday night. Race City Speedway offers "secret street" on Friday nights from April to October (weather permitting); gates open at 6:00pm; tech from 6:00-9:30; racing starting at 7:30. The cost for last year was $25 per car and driver, spectators were $5.00.

Might be fun to get a bunch of us there and send a stock Festiva down the track first and then go up through the ranks to a BPT! Probably turn a head or two.
                          Ian
                          Calgary AB, Canada
                          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Haha yeah whenever you take any festiva to the track people laugh until u show them its not just a shoe box with a spoiler lol

sponsered by,

Comment

if im gonna race my festiva with the turbo on it and run it hard i may want to bring an extra trans lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X