No announcement yet.

17x7.5 wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know it's not the rim, size it's the tire size. I'll bet you can get real close to the OD of the tires I'm running on 15" rims in a 17" low pro design. ( which is 22.5") The problem you'll probably run into tho is width. I'd run 17's with 1.5" of rubber all the way around..... because I like the look.( As long as it's lowered)

Found these......215/35/17 - 22.9" Overall Diameter; 2.2" SideWall

Last edited by jmye1524; 08-04-2010, 06:38 PM.
    ........... With a lever long enough and a place to stand, you could move the world..........

..................Build thread.................http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=29547

Comment

Not a huge fan of the 17's on a festy, but they are right about the overall diameter...
      If you can find a tire that meet the o.d., I don't see why you couldn't do it...

Comment

Yeah I know what you mean I like the low profile look

Comment

Originally posted by graywolf_14 View Post
          Yeah I know what you mean I like the low profile look
          Yeah that was what i was getting at, i dont like big chunky tyres.
          93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
          98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
          98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

I have got 17x7's +40 offset with 205 30 tyres on my 1996 WB. They fit ok at the front. Had to get 8mm spacers for the back because they were really close to the strut. Wouldnt want the front to be lowered as they fill out the guards pretty well but the back could cope with 30-50mm lower.
            There is abit of guard rub if I go over a real big bumb, especially if im turning a corner

Comment

Probably why I would go with the 195/45/14's

Comment

i have had mx-3 gs 15s with 195/50s and the were tight to the fender in the front, no problems in the rear. then i got a set of stock 1stgn xb 15"steelies. there was no rub issue at all even lowered down the the bump stops. i now have 205/50s on the xb wheels, i had to roll both rear wells entirely. they still rub the bumper corner over big bumps.
                Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

Working...
                X