Shifter Bushings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter Bushings

ok guys....yesterday i decided to go to lowes to browse and came up with an idea... i found some bronze flange bushings the size is 3/8 x 1/2 x 5/8 x 1" they didnt have half inch but just eyeballing them they looked like they would fit with a little cutting , sure enough with a little help from a friend of mine (skimsucka),
    a cutoff wheel and a drill.. (not sure what size we had to drill it to) they fy shifter feels like a fresh racing tranny . will get some pics to show. if you try be aware to drill and cut carefully bronze is soft and will crack happy motoring
    91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

I machined mine out of some Delrin I had around.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Machine about 10 more sets and sell them.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

It's not like they were cheap it'd prob cost about the same for a full sutcomsidering I did crack 2 of them before they came out right
        91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
          I machined mine out of some Delrin I had around.

I've got lots of delrin......

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
          Machine about 10 more sets and sell them.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

delrin is some dangerous stuff when it comes to injection molding.. but you probably just have chunks of it right?

Comment

Pics and finished dimensions would be great, my shifter is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway.

ed
              '90 Festiva L Plus-toy
              '94 Impreza 2.0T-fast
              '97 Hardbody-lowered dd
              '05 CRF50-pain bringer

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
                I've got lots of delrin......
                Greg, would I be wrong to assume that these could be made to work for Civic short shifters as well?
                1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Some o the sts already have a bushing assy attached kinda looks like a skateboard wheel bearing but I'm sure if no irfan be easily adapted . I made a custom sts by extending the underbody side of the shifter with a bolt welded my throws are rediculosly short I will post a video soon

Comment

Btw the bronze bushings seemed to extrude oil just as the other ones claim to do

Comment

I'm using these
                      Mazda and Mazdaspeed performance parts since 1998. Precision-engineered at an unbeatable value. 1-360-260-2675 - CorkSport Mazda Performance
                      It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

i paid 3.33 per bushing and i replaced all 6 theres 4 on one end of the linkage and 2 on the shifter end you have to cut the straight pin on the tranny side and get a shafted bolt and locking nut to replace it if not your raplace all the others for barely any results cuz the one still gives play

Comment

Originally posted by muscle_Car1 View Post
                          That's not that much money, but are they direct fit to the Festiva?

ed
                          '90 Festiva L Plus-toy
                          '94 Impreza 2.0T-fast
                          '97 Hardbody-lowered dd
                          '05 CRF50-pain bringer

Comment

again the corksport is only 4 you need 6

Comment

Originally posted by phyaz91 View Post
                              again the corksport is only 4 you need 6
                              *waits for pictures and how-to*
                              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
                              X