FI specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FI specs

Does anyone have the temp/resistance specs for the temp sender, FI, on a '93?
    "If you come to a fork in the road, take it".... Yogi Berra

With the engine completely cold, the resistance should be 2,000 to 3,000 ohms at 68 degrees F. At 180 degrees F, it should read 200 to 400 ohms. Hope that helps.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Thanks, that's what I needed. While you're helping people w/no manual, do you know the fuel pressure, w/ and w/o vacuum line connected? Also, do you check it after the pressure regulator?

Comment

Originally posted by guzzirik View Post
        Thanks, that's what I needed. While you're helping people w/no manual, do you know the fuel pressure, w/ and w/o vacuum line connected? Also, do you check it after the pressure regulator?
        Fuel pump test connector jumped (engine not running) 38 to 44 psi

Vacuum sensing hose attached (at idle) 30 to 38 psi

Vacuum sensing hose detached (at idle) 36 to 44 psi

shows the connection on the schrader valve for the pressure gauge. And the vacuum being attached and detached at the regulator.

Hope that helps.
        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Thanks again. You've probably figured out by now that I'm chasing a massive hesitation problem. Car sat for 5 years w/full tank. Fuel pump was trash. Drained and cleaned tank, replaced pump, blew out lines, replaced filter. Pump won't run. Checked links and relay. Popped the cover off the VAF. Apparently it had backfired so violently that the Pot. arm jumped over the fuel pump points. Fixed that, got the pump to run but the VAF had no effect so got one from Eurotiva. NOW it runs and will rev if given throttle slowly, gets better as it warms up, thus my suspicions about the temp sender. I wonder if the O2 sensor is swinging? Hmmmmm......

Comment

Thanks again. You've probably figured out by now that I'm chasing a massive hesitation problem. Car sat for 5 years w/full tank. Fuel pump was trash. Drained and cleaned tank, replaced pump, blew out lines, replaced filter. Pump won't run. Checked links and relay. Popped the cover off the VAF. Apparently it had backfired so violently that the Pot. arm jumped over the fuel pump points. Fixed that, got the pump to run but the VAF had no effect so got one from Eurotiva. NOW it runs and will rev if given throttle slowly, gets better as it warms up, thus my suspicions about the temp sender. I wonder if the O2 sensor is swinging? Hmmmmm......
            Has it ran long enough to set any codes? If the O2 is faulty or reading low it will throw a code 15 on the computer and kick the light on. It may be trying to run in open loop.
            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Bulb is either burned out or missing in CEL. I had hoped to figure this out by now but I will read the codes tomorrow. I saw the procedure outlined somewhere. Is a '93 OBDII or can they be read manually?

Comment

I saw the procedure outlined somewhere. Is a '93 OBDII or can they be read manually?
                OBD1. Here is how you retrieve them. http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17417
                '90 LX

Comment

Working...
                X