Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my sweet ghettttoooo coilovers

Hey all...

I used this set of coilovers on my 2 festiva race cars and they worked aweeesome... however they were a constant trial -error basis... This by no means is a fancy coilover setup but it really really worked for me i have some pics and ill list the specs. enjoy:

These are ghetto but if your budget is low these willl be your friend!

honda civic coilover (dropzone)

front mazda 323 struts

rear vw rabbit gti struts

enjoy!

awesome what year cars did you grab the struts off of? i need more damping in mine...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
    1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

i beleive a 1986 vw and an 1989 mazda 323... the dampening on this setup is perfect! the 323 shocks really made a difference

Comment

sweet, thanks for the info

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
        1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

np!

Comment

so would this be a direct drop in no mods are needed to make these work???

Comment

looks like a setup you would want to avoid large bumps.... those springs would unseat cause the strut is so much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                looks like a setup you would want to avoid large bumps.... those springs would unseat cause the strut is so much longer.
                I would say avoid any bumps LOL. Those springs will easily jump off the bottom perch and could damage the perch since it's made of aluminum. I wouldn't use those for the street unless I had a helper spring to make sure they don't get unseated.
                Oscar

Comment

I have put about 5k miles on my setup like that without tender springs going down roads that have 1ft plus drop offs because of the road sinking and I never unseated a spring or damaged a spring perch, you would have to hang your car off a cliff to unseat man!

And I was running insanely high spring rates too, 450 front and 350 rear.
                  89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                  94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                  2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                  1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

these have been through it all folks, and im running the same spring rates as nerd racing! had 0 problems with them... super super stuff i had these spring rates cause i was running slicks

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if we both have kidney damage after those springs! I'm ordering 250 front and 150 rear QA1's from summit after I get my swap finished up and my body rot fixed.
                      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

i might just do this i just broke my front sping today and was looking at cheap way to lower it
                        for the dropzone part of them u said r from a cvic what year of civc
                        and is it a bolt it or do i have to do some fab wok thanks
                        the heart beat of america stops here______________/\
                        \/\_____________FORD
                        FOREVER

Comment

the only fab work i did was to cut off the stock oem spring perches off the mazda 323 shock, sorry for the late reply, and as a year of civic i think 01? im not sure its been long ago

Comment

the car looks much lower with this setup ill get a pic

Comment

323 alloys with studs?
                              '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                              '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                              '92 Aqua parts Car
                              '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                              '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                              Your holy ghost will not save you.
                              Your God plutonium will not save you.
                              In fact...
                              ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Working...
                              X