Tom's B6 Build Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom's B6 Build Thread

Well I'm starting a thread for TominMO, so he can keep track of his build. I figured this was a good way for him (and everybody) to watch his B6+RT build. So many of you already know, but for those who don't...I'm trading Tom for Casper. I'm supplying parts/labor/and a thread :lol: Tom did help alot by cleaning parts. Here's the start. I'll keep taking and posting pics.
    I asked Tom if it was ok to run/dyno the car before and after, and he said "yes" so this will be interesting. Sad thing is that I've never done a build thread. I'll practice here.

Here's the specs.

Current: B3 (161k miles) running timing advanced a little and '93 octane. I'll try to run and dyno the stock setup.

Installing: A B6 Sohc (unknown miles, but clean) and a custom RT package. This motor came out of xanthinic12's car. It was at one time fotm.
    Rear turbo.
    E-series trans.
    Spec stage1 clutch.
    New timing belt, water pump, front/rear main seals, vc/op gaskets. I'm sure it will end up with more as I go

Meet Tom (TominMO) He likes kerosene

His motor runs good but is not quite "strong" enough...............:lol:

And his new motor before any work has begun..................................

So Let's take that valve cover off and see what we see................................

Oooops forgot to get a pic of the header..................................

After a couple hours of cleaning and disassembly this is what we have.......also installed a new front seal and WP..................

Updates coming soon.............................................. ..
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Cool, I'll be watching this thread
    -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
    -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
    -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

X2 this should turn out pretty cool!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

id toss that rusty brake boost and sand blast and paint the header which im sure you will
        93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
        RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
        RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

At work so I can't see the pics!! I'll be checking this out again when I get home. Hulk needs this kind of love!
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Off to a good start, I can't wait till I do an engine swap.
            '90 LX

Comment

I'll be watching too. I know this will be good!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I think an anti-matter injection system is in order here!
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

sweet keep the updates comming!!!

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                  1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

I love this little blue car and am really looking forward to the major HP bump! Then comes the tires--my 185/60x14 Kumhos on the Estrellas--then the brake swap, fronts only (the wheels are both bolt patterns). Maybe actually get a new windshield from Wes sometime this spring too; mine has a giant crack. Except for some little interior things, it's mostly gonna be done for good real soon now.

Greg's daughters are heavy into Hello Kitty, so I'm gonna put an HK decal on the hatch--just to piss off the Porsche, Mercedes and Vette drivers when I pass 'em! Might get a Hello Kitty stuffed suction cup doll, like those Garfield ones that were popular awhile back, to stick on the left rear window. John tells me all the macho guys have 'em.
                    Last edited by TominMO; 02-01-2010, 12:21 PM.
                    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                      I love this little blue car and am really looking forward to the major HP bump! Then comes the tires--my 185/60x14 Kumhos on the Estrellas--then the brake swap, fronts only (the wheels are both bolt patterns). Maybe actually get a new windshield from Wes sometime this spring too; mine has a giant crack. Except for some little interior things, it's mostly gonna be done for good real soon now.

Greg's daughters are heavy into Hello Kitty, so I'm gonna put an HK decal on the hatch--just to piss off the Porsche, Mercedes and Vette drivers when I pass 'em! Might get a Hello Kitty stuffed suction cup doll, like those Garfield ones that were popular awhile back, to stick on the left rear window. John tells me all the macho guys have 'em.
                      If you need some pink duct tape to go along with Hello Kitty, let me know, I can hook you up.

That engine cleaned up NICE!!! Off to a great start! :thumbleft:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                      1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                      1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                      Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Maybe some Hello Kitty wheels?

Last edited by JPT; 02-01-2010, 02:26 PM.
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

I vote for racin' stripes. And Tom is not here to stop me....LoL
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

HK racing stripes?? LOL jk

I'm all for racing stripes too.. as long as they're straight LOL!
                            -Caleb
                            Originally posted by cracked.com on the M203 w/ M433 HEDP
                            So, for about the same price as a fully-loaded 1993 Ford Festiva, you could also wield the power to obliterate a small village in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by festivafan View Post
                              maybe some hello kitty wheels?

nice!!!!
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X