Exploded view of Festiva front hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploded view of Festiva front hub?

91 Festiva, I'm replacing the front wheel bearings.

Before jumping all over me about searching before asking, I have - pretty sure I understand the spacer and preload concept and know how to do it from past posts. And by the way, many thanks to whoever pointed out (contrary to Haynes) that the knuckles can be removed without separating the lower control arms and the sway bar!

But what i did not find was a nice exploded view drawing showing how everything (bearings, hub, knuckle) fits together. Does anyone have a link to such a beast handy?

I've got the knuckles off, and hope to pick up new bearings and head over to a friend's machine shop tomorrow and do the work. But I need to know what I'm pressing out of what, know what I mean? :-)

No pic, but this might help:

Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Damn... Fresh is just too good...
        The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
        89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
          Damn... Fresh is just too good...
          That's what she said!
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
            That's what she said!
            Not sure why but that reminds me of a joke. Posted in the arena.
            sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thanks guys - those help a lot!

Comment

I was just checking this morning and see that a 2" plastic drain pipe fits the metal rings the diagram labels "seal". Since I don't have a socket that big nor a brass drift I'm thinking of using it instead to remove and reinstall the inner bearing.
                Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Correction: Once I cleaned the seal off I see the pipe is the wrong diameter. However I found another home made tool to remove the seal as follows:

1. Clean round the seal and apply a penetrating lubricant such as WD-40.
                  2. Turn the hub over and slide the tool down the outside of the bearing cage to come to rest on the back of the seal.
                  3. Tap gently on the tool with a hammer all around the circumference of the seal until it drops out of the hub.

I'm thiking of getting a patent on the tool. Oh wait, it already has a patent for driving screws. Can I do that? (I have a photo but don't know how to include it in this post.)
                  Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

Comment

Working...
                  X