Me = Cover of Super Street. =)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me = Cover of Super Street. =)

I had gotten some new wheels after some serious hunting and was pretty excited and took a few funny pics of me posing in front of it. Long story short, my friend works for Super Street and he wanted to see them so I sent him the one I thought was most ridiculous. He mentioned that he may put it in the Readers Rides section so I wrote up a funny blurb joking around and thought nothing of it. Fast forward 2 months and I find out that he put it in and they also decided to put the image on the cover! Its on stands now if anyone wants to take a look.

Im still laughing. People spends tens of thousands of dollars to get their car on the cover of Super Street and my Festy made it w/ only a set of rare (albeit extremely sweet in my opinion) rims!

Heres the original image and the cover:

I thought that was you... Congrats!
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Very nice!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Micah thats awesome! I had found a set of those wheels but my daughter said she didn't want them on her car. I almost bought them just to have anyway!!
        Brian
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
        :fish:

Comment

sweet

that is sweet dude, i am from sun diego, where you be at? tiger.

Comment

thats awesome! comgrats!
            1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
            1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
            1983 Chevy Elcamino
            1993 Ford Festiva GL
            2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
            some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

I love that it say's "This issue's full of WIN!" right above your festiva.
              89' Maroon and black Festiva LX with a sunroof. :alien:

Comment

Uhhh. Pretty cool making the cover like that. Youre a dude right? I mean Im just asking because those wheels SCREAM!
                Last edited by MONSOON; 12-04-2009, 09:08 PM.
                Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                - Unknown
                I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Originally posted by MONSOON View Post
                  Uhhh. Pretty cool making the cover like that. Youre a dude right? I mean Im just asking because those wheels SCREAM!
                  ^ Don't mind him, he's just jealous. he'd be rockin' a set right now if he could.
                  Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                  '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                  '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Cool that you made the cover

Your car on the cover and in Super Street could well be the start of good press for the Ford Festiva.

I am sure more Festivas in the coming years will find their way into magazines.

Dean
                    Raleigh, NC
                    The wife and I are attending this meet. Come convoy with us.Come to the 1st annual "Sunshine Meet" March 20th 2010. Details in the thread below.
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...292#post295292

www.festivameets.com

Festiva Convoy video link [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyFYJcFBc_g[/urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANbkG...eature=related

3rd Annual Festiva Madness. The largest Festiva Meet ever held of owners and their cars 2009 Festiva Madness link with pictures. 51 Festivas & 4 Aspires from eight states attended.

FM3 short 5 minute clip
                    Link to a short 5 minute clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFyy-zxgV5A

http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=24695
                    link to 100s of meets pictures and short video clips.http://s1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/festivameets/
                    4th Annual Festiva Madness meet will be held Oct 2, 2010 in Raleigh, NC
                    Cell is 919-271-5190 deanraleighnc@cs.com

Comment

Originally posted by FestivaFan View Post
                      ^ Don't mind him, he's just jealous. he'd be rockin' a set right now if he could.
                      Uhh Yah. I showed them to Deb and she said EVEN if I wanted them she wouldnt let me put them on one of the cars.:sad8:
                      Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                      - Unknown
                      I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                      - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                      - Bumper Sticker

Comment

:sleepy1:

Old news

sigpic
                        The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                        https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                        Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

:laughing3::laughing3:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

haha...cracking up that theres another thread. guess i should have looked first! and people can think whatever they want when they look at my wheels. if i turbo my car and blow by them they might not be laughing any more. im all about making a car that you dont expect to be fast.

and no one has asked, but as for the blurb in SS...it was all a joke. i wrote it up to be funny and have a little fun since no one takes us festy owners serious anyway.

Comment

you guys can close this thread if you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X