No announcement yet.

i got some wheels and have a few tire q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bro, you read my mind!! i was going to say the same thing about the opinion that its "fail" its all a matter of opinion and taste and according to most other tuners we all are an automatic fail because WE DRIVE A FESTIVA. im just trying to turn some heads and get some people saying "what the heck was that, i want one".

-hey fast do you think you could snap some pics of your set up id like to see it, thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

A 155 tire has a 6.1-inch tread so it seems possible to stretch the tire to fit a 6.5-inch wheel. However, the wheel offset may not give you the look you are looking for. You may have to use spacers.
      Oscar

Comment

i have some spacers just in case. i thought about it and dont think im going to go as narrow as 155 ill prob stick somewhere between 165-195 because a stock 12" is 155 and i want alittle bit more on the road than that.

-anybody know what a 165/70/13 would look like on a 6.5" wheel, also how would this effect my spedo would i be over or under stock diameter?
        Last edited by bobbyspider; 12-03-2009, 01:07 PM.
        -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
        -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          anybody know what a 165/70/13 would look like on a 6.5" wheel?
          Yes, it would look stretched! The overall diameter will be larger than stock (155/80/12) by only 0.33 of an inch. And with the sidewalls stretched, you would very close to the stock diameter.
          Oscar

Comment

thanks perucho i cant wait to do it, im painting the wheels first so it will be a week or two before im rollin on them because im painting the rims first. thanks again everyone for all the help. ill make sure to post some pics of the progress

-bobbyspider out
            Last edited by bobbyspider; 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Discuss improvements to your Festiva or Aspire in the handling, braking, wheels and tires areas.

its post 26 with the turbo power sticker on the hood
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

looks good bro i like the wheels

Comment

to see the more extreme tire stretch fitment google image search phaze2
                  I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

sweet that looks sick

Comment

Now, THIS is stretched

That's a 175/70-14 on a 10" wide rim
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Why the hell would you do something as stupid as that?
                        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

^ Some people think it looks good. Like some people think Festivas look cool. Personally, not my thing.
                          Oscar

Comment

- thanks for any input
                            Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                            and for everyone saying its a "fail" or its gonna pop off or how unsafe it is... ive seen 240's and civics run some serious side wall stretch when doing highway 49 canyon runs with no problem... tire shops dont mount them cause thay are a wicked p.i.t.a. anyone who has ever worked in a tire shop will back me up...i mean after all we all drive and modify sub compacts designed my mazda, built by kia, and are sold as a ford... so to each their own and if you have no positive imput or have nothing constructive to say take it else where....
                            bro, you read my mind!! i was going to say the same thing about the opinion that its "fail" its all a matter of opinion and taste and according to most other tuners we all are an automatic fail because WE DRIVE A FESTIVA. im just trying to turn some heads and get some people saying "what the heck was that, i want one".
                            Nothing inappropriate was said here....people were expressing their opinion and he asked for the input
                            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                            89L Silver EFI auto
                            91GL Green Auto DD
                            There ain't no rest for the wicked
                            until we close our eyes for good.
                            I will sleep when I die!
                            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

no i dont think anything was bad i have just realised after my meet with arty tha most of you guys are in fact mechanics and you look at things from a functional standpoint rather than style and design so its cool im just a sign guy and a graphic designer not a mechanic so i look at how form more than function but i still need both so thanks for everyones in put it is all needed not one mor than the other.

-and monsoon -thats a good signature i actually own that movie ( i hope you know what im talking about or i just sound like a moron)
                              Last edited by bobbyspider; 12-19-2009, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Bobby-s here's a tire size calculator site I use to check my comparisons and measuments. It's got the info in inches and mm.

Plug in your stock tire size info first, then it will compare anything you do after that to give you a speedometer difference.
                                Just remember that "section width" is the total tire width not just the tread width.
                                Long, Long time ago, I saw that done to cars down in the southern states by locals
                                using them on the beaches. Super wide "chrome reverse wheels" with these tires stretched to the point of looking like giant golf cart tires. "Maximum flotation" is what they achieved and were able to drive the big old heavy rwd cars on the beaches all day long with no worries.
                                Don't let the disapprovers get you down, I've seen a lot of them put some pretty ugly, and largely non-functional stuff on their cars. Do your own thing...just remember to post pics for those of us that want to see the work.
                                Last edited by iceracerdude; 12-19-2009, 08:58 AM.
                                97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                                CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                                Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Working...
                                X