rear view mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear view mirror

Just when you thought you couldn't customize anything else, I found a mirror that had a ball attachment, just like the Festiva. I think the donor car was a Suziki Esteem. The ball size is identical to the Festiva. The mirror is about a quarter of an inch wider than the Festiva mirror. The changeover time for the mirror mount was about three minutes.

Notice the slight recess of the ball on the donor mirror:

Here are both mirrors from the front:

Here is the finished product:

(That is not a crack in the middle of the mirror. That is my overhead hydro service.)

The stock sun visors clear the mirror.

suweet find!! do you think you could find out exactly what year it came from?
    -Josh R

Comment

tomorrow

I'll pop in on my lunch hour tomorrow and tell you for sure.

Comment

i honestly don't see much difference between the two, but still a cool find!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Always great to have more options. You can also use a mirror from an early Mazda 323 which are about an inch wider.
          Ian
          Calgary AB, Canada
          93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
          59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

laterally?

An inch in the lateral dimension? The mirror I used was the same dimension laterally as the Festiva, but a quarter inch wider vertically. Better viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
              i honestly don't see much difference between the two, but still a cool find!
              That was my thinking. But always one to keep in mind as a just in case. Ive seen a couple mirrors that had started to get a fading around the outer edge, so if you couldnt get a Festy mirror and could get one of these. Youre golden!
              Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
              - Unknown
              I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
              - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
              - Bumper Sticker

Comment

2002 Kia Spectra

The car I "pulled" the mirror from was a 2002 Kia Spectra and not a Suziki!
                Last edited by bravekozak; 11-09-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I have a mirror from an RX7 its about an inch wider and I hate it - it takes up too much of the windsheild - but I need it for my funtop switches so I suffer

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                  92 GL - parts car
                  97 aspire - parts car
                  87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                  http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                  Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Tiburon mirror

The rear view mirror from a Hyundai Tiburon is made by the same company as used on the Kia Spectra. The ball size is identical to the Festiva, 15mm.
                    The only difference is that the black plastic is smooth and not stippled with a Montana grain finish. It would only take about two minutes to change with a Festiva mirror.

Comment

Working...
                    X