Almost wrecked my festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost wrecked my festiva

Today has been a rainy kind of day so the roads were wet and i me and my girlfriend were headed to her sisters house so we were in town and i was not driving stupid at all. Well i could see a car coming at me and as it got closer he suddenly veered into my lane to pull into his driveway right in front of me. Well he must have realized that he wasn't going to get out of my way in time so he stopped right in my lane!! I of course slammed my brakes but because the roads were wet there was no chance of stopping in time so i had to swerve hard up onto the sidewalk and just barely missed him. So needless to say i was a bit shaken up but completely unharmed. I put it in reverse to get off the sidewalk and the guy i almost hit came straight over to make sure we were alright which was the only reason i kept calm with him. I was ready to start yelling at him but realized it was a mistake so he apologized and i was on my way

That was way too close for comfort

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

WHEW!!!!....glad it turned out ok.
    No damage to the rims or steering components from jumping up onto the sidewalk?
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Luckily it was a double wide driveway so i didn't actualy hit the curb i used the driveway entrance to get up on the sidewalk so absolutly no damage done
      Last edited by Damkid; 10-02-2009, 06:12 PM.

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

thats cool...would hate for anything to happen after all you had to go through getting it back on the road.
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

WOW!! That could have been worse! Glad you are alright! What were you in? The Z?
          Have owned 9 so far
          White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
          Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
          Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
          Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
          Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Willie - you can say that again

Originally posted by m715 View Post
            WOW!! That could have been worse! Glad you are alright! What were you in? The Z?
            No it was my B6T festiva

Comment

Dang! Glad you and the car are ok.
              -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
              -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
              -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

It has been crappy slick here too. It rained almost all day! Just about time for me to run " The Gauntlet" through the countryside dodging deer. Wish me luck! I just painted Shtinky's hood & grille this evening...... You know what that means....
                It would have helped if I would have read the title.... wouldn't it.
                It's the paint fumes.....that's my story......

Michael
                Last edited by m715; 10-02-2009, 06:30 PM.
                Have owned 9 so far
                White 89 L converted to LX "The Curmudgeon" Being a Curmudgeon right now.
                Blue 89 L converted to LX "Shtinky" FMS crate engine,cam,flywheel,hail dents
                Smurf Blue 90 LX "Smurffy" He Ran Away From Home!!!!!! Says Willie loves him more than I did!
                Red 88 L converted to LX "Rasta, Mon" Now retired
                Where did all these @#*&%$ Toyotas come from around here?

Comment

Glad you and your gf is safe man, reading it got me a bit wierded out,

Comment

Originally posted by collegeboi View Post
                    Glad you and your gf is safe man, reading it got me a bit wierded out,
                    Com'on....you....weirded out,,,I find that hard to believe.
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Thanks guys, i guess the other guys cell phone rang which is what distracted him and dam near caused the crash

That goes to show cell phones really do distract drivers

Comment

Glad you ended up not getting smashed... It's good you were quick to react!
                        Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                        X