September FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September FOTM Winner

This month the festiva of the month is............

eurotiva!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Here's his entry again:

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
    Well I'm going to enter for Festiva of the Month. Finally. I have been wanting to enter on my birthday month, but I found that it was euro's birthday 08/12/89, and figured fotm was about the car so here goes. It all started when I was a kid. My uncle had/has some of the fastest fords in the nation. He has been on the cover of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords multiple times. So i was raised a ford man. While we were fixing one of my mustangs (owned 9 by the way) , he let me borrow his '79 vw rabbit. It was fast too. Faster than any of my mustangs. I loved that little car. I then learned how much fun a small overpowered fwd car could be. Some years later my friends decided to be cool and sell their mustangs and get"tuner" cars. Hondas to be exact. So I thought well I should get an import so I can still go out and play.This little red festiva (eurotiva) had been sitting for sale down the road from my house for months. And when I saw the price go from $1500 to $1200 then to $900, I decided to go and make an offer on it. A few minutes later, after a quick test drive and some negotiating, I had an import, and a factory service manual. I spent a total of $750. This was in april of '05. Within a couple of weeks I had wheels,racing stripes and nitrous. And made a few of my friends upset. LOL This lttle car has been the best car i've ever owned. When my wife and kids and I moved to FL. about 3 yrs. ago I used the car as my "shop" truck. I opened a service business and drove the wheels off of it. About 1200 miles a week to be exact. The car had 146k miles when i got it. And after all the nitrous I thought the motor would be loose enough for a turbo. At 219k miles I mounted a turbo on it. I ran the stock B3 on 10 psi for about 2k miles. I got the car to run a 15.8@84 mph. Of course this required a few other parts. (clutch and fuel). After a trip to the dragstrip and playing with the dizzy I blew a head gasket. And we all know that if the stock motor goes .....you need a swap. That same week I bought a 91 mazda protege dx and that same weekend I had a swapped/turbo festiva. This car has seen lot's of everything too. My wife loves to auto-x it. I like to take it to the dragstrip. My 2 little girls are 3/6 and they are already fighting over who is gonna have it when they grow up. As you can tell I really enjoy my festiva and this community. And most of you guys probably have already seen alot of it but there is more. I have bought and sold many festys since I have owned euro, and I would like to give them props for the pieces i took to better euro.Here is some pics. Thanks for everybodies compliments and support.

And here is a pic of when Euro was a work truck. And the # is no longer working btw. I have hauled so much with this car and people flip when they see it pulling a trailer. I even went to bike week with it.

And my wife autoxing it. 3 wheelin'

Before I got red bumpers and spoiler..............................

And last but not least I wanted to say Happy Birthday(20) Eurotiva. The only regret with this car is that I did not take many pics............

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congratulations, Big E! Many great entries...
    1989 Red L- The Baron
    www.letstalkbeatles.com
    Link to Baron Pics:
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nmervap/Baron/
    1990 White GL- Chuck (for now)

Comment

Congrats! It may just be me, but in the second picture of it at the track, it looks like the rear wheel is off the ground! Sweet ride!
      The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
      89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
        Congrats! It may just be me, but in the second picture of it at the track, it looks like the rear wheel is off the ground! Sweet ride!
        Yep with a little sway bar tuning that can be overcome. Congrats on the win and to the other entries,
        money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

When I asked you if you were going to submit your car for FOTM, It's because I knew it could win.

I see I'm right.

Congratulations!

PS. I love your car!
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
            Look closely and see that she got a wheel up turning both directions.

And THANKS EVERYBODY!! for all the help/support/votes and on and on.....

Thanks again and look forward to meeting & helping as many as possible in this community!!

Greg
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Wonderful build and congrats!

okay, i've always wondered about cars that run the turbo ALL THE WAY BACK THERE! Don't you get tremendous lag? I people already complain about front mount lag with WRXs, i can't imagine having that much plumbing before air comes back to the intake manifold.
              Last edited by Damkid; 09-01-2009, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Great job!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!
                  I can't wait to see it again.
                  Steve GT

Comment

Congrats eurotiva! You have a nice car.

Comment

Awesome car, congrats

Comment

congrats. very nice car
                        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
                        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
                        1983 Chevy Elcamino
                        1993 Ford Festiva GL
                        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
                        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

Awesome car! Deserved win for sure! You entered and I was like DOH! There goes my win! :lol:
                          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Thanks Neanderpaul. I thought I may not have a chance against the world wide famous musician. Are you playing at FM#3? I woulld love to see you play!!! And I have 2 little rugrats too. I know they would love to meet yours!
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

It's a tough call on playing there. I missed out on so much festiva talk and show and tell by playing. Maybe I could play a show in town that evening?
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X