No announcement yet.

Kia pride cold air intake on b3 engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia pride cold air intake on b3 engine.

Kia pride cold air intake on b3 engine. I have made short ram air intake and it sits behind the front headlight. I know that it is sucking hot air from the engine bay. Now I notice that it have a half radiator & the other half of the front grill is open for air. I thought that if I can make a u turn down the air flow sensor and place the air filter just behind the grill. Does it increase power? Or will it have much more restriction, so I will lose power? Here are some pics and a diagram.

Thanks
    :festiva: 1995 Kia Pride, 1.3 EFI, manual. :fred:

Here's the diagram.
    Last edited by lancerevo; 10-02-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Nice work. See if you can get the intake tubing portion over the valve cover from a model of car over there that resembles a aspire here. By doing that you'd get rid of that portion on the left side of the vale cover shown in the pictures.

Nice job none the less!
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

You mean this? What is this for? I think that I will not see any difference by removing that box.

Comment

it is a resonator, basically its supposed to suppress intake noise, you wont gain any power by taking it off but it will make the engine bay look less cluttered, and you will be able to hear the engine more as its revving

Comment

This is my new air intake. I used the stock air box & cut a hole in the side. I used some pvc piping to route the end to the front grill next to the car logo. I left the stock intake hole. Here are some pics. I haven't tried it yet but I will see how it goes on the road later.

Comment

other pics

Comment

^^ Nicely done! Thank you for sharing the pics.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I have tested it and I can tell the difference. At night it feels more powerful than the day.

Comment

Originally posted by lancerevo View Post
                    I have tested it and I can tell the difference. At night it feels more powerful than the day.
                    The ambient temps are colder at night - engines like cold air

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
                    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
                    92 GL - parts car
                    97 aspire - parts car
                    87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
                    http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
                    Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

could you possibly post pics somewhere of your whole car, always like seeing the foreign models :-)
                      1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                      1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                      1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                      1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

man, the original pic of that engine bay needs a good cleaning..

Comment

I don't give a damn about the car's looks.
                          Last edited by lancerevo; 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM.

Comment

two things.
                            first, you may have already done so, but blick off that tube on the other side of the airbox. you're pulling in unfiltered air.
                            second, get a new filter. i like your idea of routing into the box through the side, but since you're pulling the opposite way through that old filter you're just pulling debris right into the engine.
                            Joey Richard Jr.

1991 Ford Festiva L; died but donated all her organs
                            1988 Ford Festiva LX; EFI swapped in...actually everything swapped in

Quality is Job 1. Together, We Can Save Lives. Ford.

Comment

haha, i know what you mean, but I was just wondering if you could take some pictures because I wold like more KIA pride pix for http://festiva.bntbtc.com
                              Originally posted by lancerevo View Post
                              I don't give a damn about the car's looks.
                              1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Teal, B3E - "Trusty"
                              1997 Ford Aspire, MTX, Red, B3E - "Eggy" (RIP)
                              1989 Ford Festiva LX, ATX, Maroon, B3E - "TBK" (RIP)
                              1991 Ford Festiva GL, ATX, Red, B3E - "Festiva GT" (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                              X