Thinking one Over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking one Over...

So, here's the deal. There is a '92 Festiva a few miles up the road from me. Has known engine issues (ie, possible head gasket problem, current owner says it runs, at best, on 2 cylinders) but the body is primo, the interior is in very good shape. It is an auto, which for me is kind of a turn off, but I could live with it. Has about 115k on the clock, and he wants $450.00 for it. Trying to decide if it's worth it, would like some input. If nothing else, it would make a decent parts car, plus I have the engine that I got from carbonvmax. Just trying to decide if I want to get into another project right now. Tho, would be sweet to have a dd festiva again. So, whatcha think? Might slide up in a bit and snag some pics.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
    1989 L - 247K miles Slick
    1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
    Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

I'd say got fo it !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Low ball him bro! Great to hear from you man! get it and swap it! B6 it or bp it! :twisted:
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Get it. Fix it. Drive it!!!

Comment

Go for it. Try to get it for under $400. Then again, how nice is the rest of it?

A B6 auto is very nice. Puts you about with the average newer car in terms of performance, instead of a slowpoker.

Expect around 25 to 37 mpg.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Dude, scrap price is like $70 plus he has to pull the tank off. Offer him $100 and go from there. Should you be willing to go $400? Sure. But try to get it as cheaply as possible of course.
            youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

i just bought my 3rd 93 for 250. the body is nice and it had 4 new tires and a new drive shaft , that i have to put in. 93k on the clock.
              05 focus zx3 5spd 180k 2.5 inch mbrp exhaust , steeda sri and ford racing dynamic suspension

Comment

He's not going to come down too much in price, maybe to 350.00, because he sunk some money into it trying to fix it, and he wants that back. I'm thinking I'll offer 250.00 at most, and see how long it sits before he calls me. Hate to see it scrapped tho, because where ever it spent most of it's life, rust was not an issue. Couldn't even find a spec, even in the usual Festiva rust areas.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

show up with 250 in cash in hand wave that around a lil that always changes minds... i had a friend get a trans am for 300 the guy wanted 700 but he was like this is all i got and pulled the money out and once the guy saw the money he was hooked.....

try it it should at least get him to drop it a lil more... but never bring more than what you want it for cause if he sees more money he will get the feeling that you are trying to play him.. also when you are like ''this is all i got i mean i guess i can come back later when i have the money but i don't think i will be able to get it anytime soon''...

Ford Festiva L
                  Automatic

Comment

I'm about to buy another one 89 auto for 50 bucks that runs. I don't think a festiva would even run on two cylinders. I'd buy it though for 200-250 range....probably only needs spark plugs and a fuel filter.
                    ---------------------------------------------------
                    The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                    BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

If its an auto and clean. If you pass let me know, I need an auto car for my Daughter.
                      Brian
                      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                      :fish:

Comment

^^ Me too, that's why I'm trying to score this 89 auto by me.

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                          ^^ Me too, that's why I'm trying to score this 89 auto by me.
                          89 Autos are the best auto cars to have!
                          Brian
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by festivaWES View Post
                            I'm about to buy another one 89 auto for 50 bucks that runs. I don't think a festiva would even run on two cylinders. I'd buy it though for 200-250 range....probably only needs spark plugs and a fuel filter.
                            Wanna re-sell it Wes? Very interested in it if It's in decent shape, PM me pics if you get it..
                            -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
                            -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
                            -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Well see.

Comment

Working...
                              X