imo the best suspension...fastiva style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imo the best suspension...fastiva style

after an hour in tognoties(a local speed shop) with the help of a friend we went through every strut/shock and compared to festiva struts.... here is what we found.

Fronts are 88-91 toyota camery v6 struts... all you have to do is drill out the top of the festiva strut bearing to fit,(lower bolts line up but are over sized so all you need are some oversized washers) and due to the oversized holes you now have some camber adjustment you also need to cut the spring perch off.

The rears are 96-99 nissan maxima DIRECT BOLT IN!!!!!(with a washer or 2 to take up some clearance) the struts are quite a bit shorter... 3-4 inches... you have to like tucking 175/70/13 tires and know how to roll fenders... cause it gets low the ride is stiff but awesome and not bouncy.

for the springs im running 88-91 honda civic apc lowering springs with adjusters in the rear.

ill post pic soon any questions just pm
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

umm really? thought the trick was VW or Colt/Mirage rear struts with 323 fronts...
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

on the car now and i love them!!! oh the best part... all 4 brand new were $210.00 and since they are from a way heavier car the are hella stiff!!!

Comment

Pics or it never happened! :p
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

coilovers > lowering springs every day. but good info on the struts, good to have more options, post some pics!
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

good info on the suspension, but i think my suspension is better, for performance at least

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Pics! Need Pics!
              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Tein coilovers!!!!
                Brian
                http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
                :fish:

Comment

I win!!!

Ksport Kontrol Pro Racing Coilovers

'93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

im having trouble gettin my phone to send pics.... im workin on it....

Comment

picatures please....
                      wonder what specs they are. valving etc...
                      Negative i am a meat popsicle...

Comment

yeah +1 on pics of rears cause maxima would be about 50 percent heavier if not more and this would allow much heavier springs... Please Post pics.

Comment

FYI, all you aussies.

i was junkyarding and i reckon EB-AU falcon rear shocks will also work on the rear, they are about standard height. and lowered ones are also available... and no spring perch to cut off.

Comment

Yo Bustiva! I see that you used the top hat that came with the KSport coilovers. Did you also used the stock Festiva top hat and if so,how much did you cut off to get it to fit so well over the KSport one? I have been trying to get you to post pictures with more detail of your coilover setup but it looks like you want to keep it a secret. Im would like to see photos of the front and rears in more detail and of your car as is looks now after the coilover convertion,if you please???? THANKS!!!!
                            There is replacement for displacement! Less weight and BOOST!!!

Comment

come on man , i'm dying for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X