White Trailer Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Trailer Wheels

I am wondering if a trailer wheel will fit and ride decently on my stock festiva, 13" Diameter x 4.50"W 4-hole Spoked White Trailer Wheel. These are like to ones they have in JC Whitney. I am sorry if this is already posted, I searched and didn't find anything about these.
    93 Festiva GL

I would question the bolt pattern of the wheels, but the tires would work. My guess is they would have a low speed rating like 45 mph. You could probably see the same tires at a Harbor Freight, Northern, Farm and Fleet, etc., to research.

p.s. probably not legal.
    ENFORCER - Midwest Festiva Inc., Iowa

#1 '90 Sport to modified Lx - RollazX
    #2 .....Cheesehead
    #3 '91 White - Donor Car
    #4 .....Montana Project
    SOLD----Levistiva for $1500
    Bought her back for $450
    Now that's darn near priceless!!

Comment

wheels

They say they are highway rated, but I guess I am worried about losing traction because they are narrower, surely someone here has tried this.
      Thanks,
      93 Festiva GL

Comment

Yes technicall they will work. The wheels should be DOT approved for trailer use and are just inexpensive steel wheels. I would change out the tires for an automotive design. I would be more concerned about offset, you might want to turn the steering wheel once in a while.
        As I was perfectly drifting past the apex Joey48442 looked at me and yelled "You know, I have never been in a rollover accident before!"... it all went downhill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by QuasiMofo View Post
          I would be more concerned about offset, you might want to turn the steering wheel once in a while.

+1 on the offset. Also the center bore on the wheel might be a little big too; but that is nothing a set of hub centric rings cant fix.

Comment

i think the big question here is, why? im not trying to be a jerk or anything. i just dont see any advantage and dont really understand what youre trying to accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by micah View Post
              i think the big question here is, why? im not trying to be a jerk or anything. i just dont see any advantage and dont really understand what youre trying to accomplish.

I think its more of a cheap alternative for an aftermarket wheel. Looks wise will generally be up to the eye of the beholder, but a set of clean wheels and tires can really make a car look better. Now, I have 13x4.5 trailer wheels, they are heavy 17.4 lbs. (I have 17x8.5 wheels on my m3 that weigh 17lbs)

What will make the wheel look funny on the car would be running a center cap. Those wheels use a push through style cap and are usullay fairly large. Or take the gangster aproach and run capless:p

Comment

understandable. i guess it just depends on how cheap, cheap is. thinking about it i guess the big issue w/ the festy as it sits stock is the lug pattern. if you upgraded to an aspire brake set up you could have a myriad of OEM rims available that you could run. im sure most sets of civic or miata wheels could be found anywhere from $free to $100-200 for a nice set w/ nice tires. there might be rims out there that also fit the stock festiva bolt pattern so definitely do a search on here and look into that...im sure there are but cant remember off the top of my head.

personally, i do think they might look cool. i would be worried (as it was touched upon above) about it sitting on the hub correctly. youre gong to run into that problem with most wheels but probably more so with something who's primary application is for a trailer.

and just as an fyi and for reference, a stock festiva steel wheel w/ no air in the tire weights 25 pounds.

Comment

Thanks for the Replies

I would definately consider an aspire swap, however where I live people drive their cars into the ground, until they fall apart and then some. I have not seen one festy or Aspire for sale, or sitting, but I see them running aroud every day. People know what they are worth now, people are getting from the bone yard and flipping them like a crappy house. My other problem with the swapping parts is I am kind of a backyard mechanic (loosely) and this car is a daily driver for my wife, I don't want to jerk something up or have the car down until we don't really need it. I searched last night for two hours for new 13's rims and tires, and it is slim pickens, and they all looked like I was trying to turn my car euro. As I was looking at the choices for 13's I remember seeing the white trailer style on a Canadian dirt racer festival that looked awesome. 12's are becoming non-existant, and I like the way the white rims look. Does anyone think there will be a problem with the tire being to thin, as far as traction or handling?
                  93 Festiva GL

Comment

i think the factory festiva wheels cant be much skinnier than most trailer wheels. the load of the car sure isnt going to exceed the ratings of even the tires either. if you can get some close to free then you did great. if you have to buy everything new id stay with oem vehicle pieces. if you live out in the west you can get away with a lot more. if you have bad weather then stay with common sense. another thing is i looked high and low for some old school RWD mag looking wheels in the 4x100 bolt pattern for the aspire and no dice. the festiva bolt pattern is more popular for this trailer and dirt car sort of thing. i think some quad's even use your pattern
                    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing for a while. The problem I have run across is that I haven't been able to find the 4 lug pattern in 4.5". I have located 4" patterns but not 4.5".
                      If that's the only pattern available that means doing the Aspire swap to get even remotely close to the wheels bolting up. Breedlove, You mentioned JC Whitney. I was wondering if you have a link to the wheel you're referring to. I thought that I only found 5 lug wheels. Then again I may have misunderstood the description provided.

Comment

JC Whitney

Your right about the 13's, I thought I saw them at JC Whitney, but they only have 12", here is the link for those:
                        Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends

"Replaces your scuffed, bent or damaged wheel with durable painted steel
                        Meets DOT requirements for highway use
                        4-hole wheel has 4" bolt circle."

it doesn't give much more info then that.

, but I did see some on other sites when I look again I'll compile a list of links, I should've done that yesterday.
                        93 Festiva GL

Comment

That would be a big help. Thanks.

Comment

"however where I live"

Where is that?

Comment

links for trailer wheels

13X4.5 4 on 4.0 WHITE SPOKE WHEEL 2.82 PILOT

13 inch Series 5 Aluminum Trailer Wheels
                              Part Number: SGB0535440

13" Series 6 Aluminum Trailer Wheels Size: 13x5.0 Part Number SGB0635440

These aren't the style I want but here is what I have found so far. If anyone sees any potential problems with these (not mentioned) please post.
                              Last edited by Breedlove; 11-14-2008, 09:12 PM.
                              93 Festiva GL

Comment

Working...
                              X