October FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October FOTM Winner

This was a very very close race this month but there has to be a winner and that is............

gorgonheimer!!!! Congratulations

Here's his entry:

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
    ok

i got the itch to build a festy when i saw on sitting in my friends junk yard. i promptly went home and searched and found this site. then all the dreams started flooding in and i decided to build a bp with a turbo. i told the people at the yard that i wanted "the little red car in the back." he was like "ok" but the next time i went to look at it the owners had let the local fire dept practice with the jaws of life on it. i was bummed.

so off to craigs list i go. find one for 1350. kinda steep considering the condition so i was able to talk him down to 550 cash. drive off and what is this?! no forth gear. ran it out of gas on the way home cause the gauge said 1/4 of a tank. so i got this car. im stoked. needs lots of work. interior is all molded cause the taillights leak(and the windows)

so i strip the interior

then as i am driving the festy in to the shop(WHERE I WORK) for some work i get pulled over. this results in a ticket for no insurance, no inspection, and no registration, and it is towed. bummer!!

so i get it out of car jail. now i have 2 weeks to get it registered, inspected and insured. and fix all the safety stuff, and emissions.

so...
    aspire swap.

wheels and tires

ok they are steel wheels but they are 15" and have good tires, cooper zeon zpt 195/50/15

head lights and wipers and seat belts. oh yeah my seats!!!

seats stolen from a cavalier

after barely passing emissions with a stuck injector on my b3 i drove it like that for 3 or 4 months, collecting parts for the bp swap. got the motor for 300 and the next week i get a whole protege for 100! (minus tranny) get the tranny.

then i start cleaning and painting and replacing gaskets and stuff on the bp

then i put it all together:
    old motor and trans out

frame notch and patch

bp in

radiator mounted in "custom" location with upper support removed and new piece made from angle iron, works really well and only takes like 5 min to remove radiator and fan and both hoses, oh and lower hose is only like 4 inches long

finished

93 festy gl
    Bp swap with hydrolic g tranny/ clutch=bp pressure plate+v6 probe disc
    ghetto shorty ram intake
    2.5 in exhaust from motor to back (built by me) using high flow cat and a magnaflow muffler
    18deg base ignition timing
    bronzeoil shifter bushings from corksport
    power mirrors
    grant gt wheel

future mod:
    turbo using ct26 from a supra
    coilovers with agx shocks
    full cage and...
    paintjob

Thanks to everyone

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congrats on the win...
    Ian
    Calgary AB, Canada
    93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
    59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Nice job on the win man!

Comment

Congrats on the win!
        -93' L BP swap/e-series, coilovers, RIO front swap, redrilled festy drums, Miata 14" 7 spokes.
        -88' Mazda 323 SE, work in progress..
        -85' Nissan Sentra 5 spd.

Comment

Congrats gorgenheimer! That might be one of the closest votes theres been.
          Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
          - Unknown
          I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
          - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
          - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!! Nice car!!
            Brian
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
            :fish:

Comment

I still cant believe my stripped out, dented up, ugly little rocket beat an orange beauty with shaved door handles and a fun top.
              i didn't even have a speech prepared... lol
              i would like to congratulate logan on a really nice car and im glad we didn't have to have a race off, that turbo bp would get me
              Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
              88? Parts car-sold
              91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
              86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
              1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Hey yours is just more of a sleeper and some people like that better than my rice rocket. :-P

Comment

Congrats on the win !!! Some day I want to do a swap on my daily drive
                  money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
                    I still cant believe my stripped out, dented up, ugly little rocket beat an orange beauty with shaved door handles and a fun top.
                    i didn't even have a speech prepared... lol
                    i would like to congratulate logan on a really nice car and im glad we didn't have to have a race off, that turbo bp would get me
                    FOTM is all about the story behind the car :lol: congrats on the win again!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Congrads man, nice Festiva/

Comment

Originally posted by Gforcefd View Post
                        Hey yours is just more of a sleeper and some people like that better than my rice rocket. :-P
                        I wouldnt call yours a rice rocket. Custom rod is more appropriate.
                        Search Master - Honorary Member of Midwest Festiva Inc., Gulf Coast Chapter

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
                        - Unknown
                        I don't like superstitious people. They're bad luck. - Serge A. Storms

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
                        - Quentin Crisp

God, please save me from your followers!
                        - Bumper Sticker

Comment

Congratulations.

I too want to do some serious things to my festy. I keep weighing the fuel mileage thing in my mind though.

I am in Clear Lake down south of you. Love to see the car sometime.
                          Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

i still get great mileage, 38-40 on the freeway and close to that in town. i put about 20 dollars worth of supreme in the take every week.
                            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
                            88? Parts car-sold
                            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
                            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
                            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Yes, this was a touph vote this month Indeed! Congrats on the Win!

Comment

Working...
                              X