2B1 Headlight Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2B1 Headlight Conversion

It's looks like the headlight conversion is going to be pretty easy. The guy from whom I bought 'Festus' included the necessary pieces for this conversion.

The headlights are from a 1991 Aerostar. The buckets drop into the existing Festiva holes. The left light has to be used on the right side, because the adjuster holes are in board on the Festiva. 2B1 headlights are not 'side specific'.

The replacements cost about $10.00 for the Halogens, and you get a new glass lense every time! They don't let water in either.

The conversion's not done. I'm taking pictures as I go.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

One more pic for now.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

by 2B1, do you mean a standard 6054 lamp?
      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
      Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

looks like it to me
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

me as well, that's why I asked.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

hmm will the markers and grill go back on correctly?

91 L - modified to SLX- "Tin Can Project"
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2850897
            92 GL - parts car
            97 aspire - parts car
            87 323 DX - daily driver

Visit My Store - New Products available!
            http://www.cafepress.com/tunner

Car enthusiasts will respect all makes and models that preform.
            Brand enthusiasts are the root of all problems in the car community.

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
              by 2B1, do you mean a standard 6054 lamp?
              I think that's the replacement part number. The lights all have '2B1' cast into the glass, that's why I've been referring to them as 2B1. IIRC, the replacement Halogens are 6054H. I'll verify this next time I'm at Walmart. If this is accurate we could edit the title to the post to say 6054.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by Festiva_tunner View Post
                hmm will the markers and grill go back on correctly?
                Negative on the grill. I'll be fabbing a 'nose cap' out of 16 guage sheet metal. I'm going to remove the existing sheet metal trim you see below the lights in the picture.

I may use the original side marker lights, I haven't decided.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Just curious here, but why are you doing this conversion? they don't look too much different than the stock ones

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                  1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                  2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by BigElCat View Post
                    I

The left light has to be used on the right side, because the adjuster holes are in board on the Festiva.

Looking good. To be clear, are you saying you need two left side Aerostar buckets?

Thanks CZ

Comment

I think that's the replacement part number. The lights all have '2B1' cast into the glass, that's why I've been referring to them as 2B1. IIRC, the replacement Halogens are 6054H. I'll verify this next time I'm at Walmart. If this is accurate we could edit the title to the post to say 6054.
                      Gotcha. The 2B1 you're referring to is the code for the lens. Different countries use different focal lenses on the same lamp. 6054 is the standard number for that size lamp. The 'H' represents halogen.
                      Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

The buckets are a pair that came out of an Aerostar. One right, one left. When installed on the Festiva, the left bucket goes in the right side hole. The right bucket goes in the left side. They just happen to fit this way, and it appears that they will adjust okay.

The Aerostar had the vertical adjustment screw toward the outside of the vehicle on each side. The Festiva has existing holes for the vertical adjustment screw toward the center of the car.

I'll take some more pictures as I go.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          Just curious here, but why are you doing this conversion? they don't look too much different than the stock ones
                          They're going to look like they were meant to be there. My reasons are:

1) The car came with no headlights or grill, I need to do something.

2) The local junkyard did not any good Festiva headlights, and they're rather expensive to buy, up to $100 each new.

3) The left front corner on this car is pushed back above the bumper, the original headlight would require much more extensive bodywork to be fitted than what I'm doing.

4) It's not costing me any money!

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

and those are all great reasons!!! Another great reason? Because you can!!!!
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Comment

3) The left front corner on this car is pushed back above the bumper, the original headlight would require much more extensive bodywork to be fitted than what I'm doing.

4) It's not costing me any money!
                              2 very good reasons right there :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Working...
                              X