HELP!! Emission/Vacuum hose diagram or blowup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!! Emission/Vacuum hose diagram or blowup

Im in need of a Diagram or Blowup of the emission/vacuum hoses on a 88 carbed Festiva. I have this car and the PO pulled all of the hoses. I have them but need to know what goes where. Please help, my book doesnt show this so if someone has and can post it would be greatly apreciated
    Thanx Bob

I can get it for ya tomorrow.
    Don't have a book here at the house but know for sure we have it in mitchel on the comp at the shop.
    I will print and post it tomorrow, do you have a fax # by any chance?
    I could send it to ya that way as well.

Let me know
    Dean
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Last edited by freshtiva; 04-20-2008, 04:14 PM.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Thanks Fresh that helped some.
        Dean I need the rest of the emissions/vacuum stuff that connects to the motor and chassy and stuff you know what I mean. If I have to Ill come and look at your car and maybe draw a picture off it. LOL

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Fresh. Is there more by chance??

Comment

Im spent, I just recently got a carbed model and its never had any problems.
              sigpic

Comment

Cool man these helped alot. There is a pile of vacuum lines in the back of this car. The car ran but very bad I want to put it all back to the way it should be and then start from there. This is my first carbed model that ived worked on too. I love my 91 it just seems so simple compared to this thing.
                Bob

Comment

hopefully this one has some more info for ya.
                  Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                  1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

can u pull the stock carb off the manifold and install a baseplate adapter to a 110 Impco mixer and run the vehicle on propane??

1979 toyota hilux 4x4
                    1987 toyota pickup 4x2
                    1984 toyota celica GT liftback
                    1996 Ford Ranger V6 4.0 OHV 4x4
                    2003 Kx 250 2 stroke, woods racer

Comment

Thanks Dean thats just what I needed.

Comment

Does anyone have an easy to read vacuum hose diagragm for the rest of the hoses that go on the back of the carb base and intake on an '89 carb'd car? All my hoses for the Feedback Carb Actuator (the ones that go over top of the carb) are correct accorcing to the above diagrams but I need to confirm that all the others are correct. I have a shop manual but that doesn't help in this case.
                        Last edited by MAVRICK513; 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM. Reason: Add info
                        Red '93 GL Auto & A/C
                        Silver '89 L 4spd stick, A/C

Comment

How many vacuum hoses are there and were are they (as well as connecting to) on a 89Festiva L? i have a leak and i think i am just going to replace them all until it stops hesitating...

Comment

Originally posted by 90FestivaL View Post
                            can u pull the stock carb off the manifold and install a baseplate adapter to a 110 Impco mixer and run the vehicle on propane??
                            The short answer would be "yes". I see advantages and disadvantages of going with propane. On the plus side, no carbon deposits, on the down side, you'll see a loss of MPGs, propane averages 75-80 percent of gasoline on fuel economy. Plus, propane prices are more steady. No swinging from 2.50 a gallon to 4.00 because there's a hurricane out in the middle of nowhere. I had an old F-250 that ran on propane. Truck ran great, just the MPGs sucked. Which, granted, weren't going to be that good with a 460 anyway.
                            Just make sure, before you do such a switch, that you have plenty of places around you to refill it. This depends on whether you hard mount a tank, or just go with a small enough tank that you can easily remove it, and do a tank swap or whatever. My truck had a 24 gallon tank, hardmounted, and it was a bit difficult to find places around here that could refill it. Most fill by weight, not volume.

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                            1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                            1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                            Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Does anyone have diagram of all the vacuumlines on a fuel injected EFI engine? I think the pictures in this tread is only for carburator B3, am I right?

I think the EFI modell is about the same as my car. In my owners manual they say its a B3 EGI Motor (Swedish manual)

I have a Kia Pride, year 2000, and are about to try to change the lines, as my car runs rough on idle and hesitates sometimes in lower rpm.

Woul really appriciate some pictures if someone has som diagrams or could point out all the vacuum lines that the EFI has?

I will try to locate every vacuumline today (if it doesnt rain), but there are a lot of lines
                              Post your Festiva or Aspire repair and maintenance issues. - USE THIS FORUM FOR ANY TECHNICAL RELATED POST (IE. How do I change my oil?, How to remove axle from tranny?, etc)
                              Last edited by pher; 08-20-2011, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X