Digital Success!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Success!!

I've finally got life out of my new digital dash in the Festy!
    It was a bit of doing, but it finally lives!

( I hope that video link works )

The tricky part much like Stefan mentioned in his topic was the wiring and trying to fit it into the dash.

Still need to alter the factory bezel or fab a new one to frame it all in.
    Last edited by Ferrari; 11-22-2008, 10:24 PM. Reason: bad link

that is pretty cool.

Comment

Wow, Did you get that cluster to fit in the dash? I have one like that too, but it is like 2" wider than the 626 one.. I Didn't even think the cluster hump ontop of the dash was wide enough to fit it. Got any pictures?
      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
      RIP 90LX

Comment

I've almost got it fitted in to the dash. It required a LOT of trimming around the edges including the mounting tabs on the cluster itself. I still need to "persuade" the metal dash strut in front of the ECU to get out of my way. Once it is, the cluster should slide back into place.

I'll post some pics when I get home from work

Comment

Okay, some primary fitment pics:

Doesn't fit exactly right just yet - that darn dash brace is in the way. Once it is out of the way there should be enough space for the cluster to slide back into the correct depth. Hopefully I can get the factory bezel to fit with a bit a trimming.

Comment

I think it fits pretty good, in my opinion...I would just make a fiberglass visor to go over the part that sticks out and paint it the same color as the dash...
            The left lane? Are you crazy!!! I never drive in the left lane...It's full of freaks driving the wrong way and charging right at you!!!

Comment

That is pretty cool !!
              ------------------------------------------------
              The Trigger - Midwest Festiva Inc., Illinois Chapter
              Smart Passion white with H-D interior
              HD2500 Duramax Chevy
              Harley Davidson Ultra classic ..I am in love !!
              Pro Street S-10 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214968
              Diamond white Deville 27,000 mile cream puff
              Z28 LS1 power 500 +
              90 Festy L daily driver wants to be modded, OK
              It is being modded , a little at a time http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2214953

Join me on Facebook !! ;http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...00000295094896

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket_Rocket View Post
                I think it fits pretty good, in my opinion...I would just make a fiberglass visor to go over the part that sticks out and paint it the same color as the dash...
                I was thinking the same thing if it doesn't sink back into the dash any further. I wanted to try to get the factory bezel to fit so i can put the rear wiper and defrost switches back into place. Besides, with all the glass work I'm trying to finish on the body (if the weather would ever cooperate) I'm starting to get sick of fibreglass for a while.

Comment

thats awesome, really nice!

Comment

Working...
                  X