Beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful

Awesome... I love this cluster. Just got it installed this evening.

Lots of wiring.. took me a couple of hours to sort everything out.

Installing it is not for the fait of heart. You literally have to massicure your dash to get it in there. If I wasn't in a bad mood today I probably wouldn't have been able to do it. There was a pile of plastic on the floor when I was done. You even have to use a BFH to adjust the metal pipe frame behind the dash.

Sorry the video is kinda shaky, I found it kinda hard to drive stick and videotape

The spedo seems accurate, At first I thought it was fast, but I matched speed beside one of those new civics with the digital spedo in the hump ontop of the dash that you can read from a mile away and it seemed accurate.

The temp gague might be reading high... it seemed high anyways.
    89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
    RIP 90LX

Very Cool!! Congratulations! :thumbright:
    1991 L 408,000 miles+ w/NEW B3 longblock!!
    2008 Nissan Versa S HB

Comment

that looks tops man

will have to do a wiring diagram so the rest off us can do it

which car is that dash from....

Craig
      1993 Ford Festiva
      Under going Surgery

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3097069

Comment

Aaaaannnnd you are my hero!

-Scott
        Aqua 93 L
        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

That is the awesomest thing I've ever seen. I love the tach. Did you have to rig up a speed sensor somewhere to make it work?
          Axlander9289, brother of ThisVelologist

Festivas past:
          Aqua '92 Festiva L - Sold "Dale"
          White '89 Festiva L Plus - RIP "Dudley"
          White '93 Festiva GL - Sold to thisvelologist "Frito"
          Red '91 Festiva L - Sold to Louieisawesome "Geraldo"

Current Fleet:
          Aqua '93 Festiva L with Aspire brakes "Dale Jr."
          Black and White '93 Festiva GL Sport (White alloys and spoiler are long gone) "Blues-tiva"
          White '15 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

What Axlander said then some. THATS FREAKING COOL!!! :shock:
            Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

Comment

Instructions!
              Write up, write up, writeup!!!!!
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

very nice, love it grab a picture of the whole dash with it in for us

Comment

Excellent stefan, I have done with my digital cluster wiring ready to hook up too. I am glad I was able to help you some with wiring.

Did you install the low fuel sensor in fuel pump and the broke lamps checkers?

If you think water coolant little high temp, try get coolant temp sensor from Mazda 626.

Comment

I was watching the video and was like, "wow, he got to 60 fast." And then I remembered that it is km/h not mph. Next time I make it up to Win-a-pig, I want to see your car.
                    The Festiva Store
                    Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys

Originally posted by Axlander9289
                      That is the awesomest thing I've ever seen. I love the tach. Did you have to rig up a speed sensor somewhere to make it work?
                      No, the speed sensor is in the cluster. And if this is not all awesome enough, there seems to be a speed sensor line out on the cluster which I can use for cruise control!

Originally posted by Mazda 121
                      very nice, love it grab a picture of the whole dash with it in for us
                      Forsure, Gotta finish up the loose ends today and then I'll get more pictures.

Originally posted by Festiva GTX
                      Excellent stefan, I have done with my digital cluster wiring ready to hook up too. I am glad I was able to help you some with wiring.

Did you install the low fuel sensor in fuel pump and the broke lamps checkers?

If you think water coolant little high temp, try get coolant temp sensor from Mazda 626.
                      Yes, thank you. That Bk/Gn wire isnt on the diagram for some reason, and it threw me off.

No I diddnt, did you look how the low fuel sensor is mounted in the 626? I was wondering how easy it would be to install. The bulb checkers, thats a separate module, right, did you get it? I might go back and grab it.

One thing that I did get was the low washer fluid sensor, but I haven't installed it. I think ill wait till next time i take my bumper off to paint it.

Dose your cluster have a check engine light? Mine dosent... I'm gonna have to rig something up

Yea I was thinking about the temp sensor.. that would probably do it, hopefully the threads are the same.

Originally posted by nonamekid
                      I was watching the video and was like, "wow, he got to 60 fast." And then I remembered that it is km/h not mph. Next time I make it up to Win-a-pig, I want to see your car.
                      Forsure, still need an aspire swap?

Oh yea, did you guys notice, I threw in a shot of my power windows too
                      89SX funtop! Fully loaded!
                      RIP 90LX

Comment

Sweet!!! Very nice. :thumbleft: :thumbright:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                        1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                        1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                        Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

Looks awesome man, good job!

Comment

Nice !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

ncie! write up please!

Comment

Working...
                              X