Short Shifter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short Shifter?

I know I saw it somewhere before, but I can't find it. Is there a short-throw shifter out there for a Festy? Mine stock one is getting kind of loose.

a civic,integra, and probe shifters will work

Comment

Any Specific Year?

Comment

FestivaMotorsports sells a decent pacesetter one. It is a really easy install, it took me about half an hour.

Comment

my shifter is out of a 99 acura integra.

Comment

your shifter is loose because the nylon bushings are giving up. go out and get some BRASS washers that will fit over the pivot bolt and put them in place of the bushings, tightens things up very nicely.
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

My ebay $0.99 cent civic shifter is still working great. one of the best mods i did...

Comment

^ditto
                ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
                91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
                1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
                2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

I remember Ian (projectb6t) bought an ebay short shifter and it broke in his hands but it sounds like a hit or miss product. I might be upgrading to a skunk2 short shifter and weighted knob.

Comment

I like my Pacesetter, but it does seem a bit pricey if the Ebay units actually work well.
                    Have had 6 Festys... and counting...

My Website:
                    http://www.StanfordMotorSports.com

Car Domain:
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/Quaddawg
                    My Garage Page:
                    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/vb...o=view&id=6724

Comment

I got my civic short shifter in, and its nice, makes shift throws much shorter than the big rig shifter that comes in the festivas. however after about 3 months with it in,, its no longer a short throw, i have gotten used to it and need one with a shorter throw!!

Comment

Originally posted by DuritzCrows17
                        I remember Ian (projectb6t) bought an ebay short shifter and it broke in his hands but it sounds like a hit or miss product. I might be upgrading to a skunk2 short shifter and weighted knob.
                        i have the skunk 2 440 gram weighted knob on mine. Be aware it's not the same thread pitch as close as it looks.
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
                        ---------------------------------------------------
                        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I looked at some of the shifters on eBay, and it seems there are a few different types. There are the Honda style shifters, as most people seem to have, and then there are these other shifters that seem to be primarily for Mazdas. The Mazda ones usually have some kind of cylinder (I'll assume it's the pivot location) built on to them. Will these fit our cars too, or do they need modification? IE: removal of the cylindrical thing?

Comment

Originally posted by r34king
                            I got my civic short shifter in, and its nice, makes shift throws much shorter than the big rig shifter that comes in the festivas. however after about 3 months with it in,, its no longer a short throw, i have gotten used to it and need one with a shorter throw!!

I like the long handle on the stock festiva... I have a .99 civic shifter, It has a nice short throw, but I dont like the handle height or how its made out of cruddy aluminum.

So I found the stock one, cut in between the pivot ball and piece that bolts on the shifter shaft. Then I added a 3/4 nut inbetween there. but me being a dummy didnt measure the aluminum one to get the same nice throw. Im gonna find another stocker and put a deeper nut in there.
                            91GL, 93L, 91L, 92L
                            00 f250- xlt 7.3 6speed 4x4
                            88 gtx
                            74 torino- enduro car.

Comment

I have always used the Pacesetter... It's the one from a first gen Probe (I think that's 88/9-93)
                              Simon - pimptiva.com

Comment

Working...
                              X