September FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September FOTM Winner

The winner for September FOTM goes to.........

Britstiva!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Here is his entry again

Originally posted by Britstiva View Post
    This is my first attempt ever at FOTM! Here is the story of Sapphire Britstiva:

The sign read:

For Sale

Its name is Sapphire. Good friend since September 1992. -Charlie (540)xxx-xxxx

This car was listed on here when it came up for sale! It was a one owner and was listed in Roanoke, VA, so our good friend, Neanderpaul went and checked it out for me and gave it 2 thumbs up.

I already had a driveway full of cars, so I knew if I brought it home in the shape it was in, there would be some rough times coming my way... SOOOO with Smedley's help, we snuck off on a four hour drive to Roanoke, VA to pick up some "festiva parts". (I just happened to forget to mention that those parts were all assembled into a vehicle and titled together! LOL)

Here is how it looked when I first saw it:

It was in rough condition. The engine bay was soaked in oil. The front fenders were damaged. A small accident had forced the PO to park it and get another vehicle. The interior was covered in concrete dust and hay! The driver seat had chunks missing and what was there was so dirty, you could barely see the original color!

I decided to buy it and promised the original owner that I would keep him informed with what I did to "Sapphire".

He also had EVERY receipt for EVERYTHING EVER done to Sapphire! I organized them in a binder by date and year. Including, the window sticker!

Thanks to littlebluecar and Jiminy Cricket, I was able to hide the Festiva at their house until it was fixed and ready to come home. I would sneak off to their house and work on it every chance I got. For three long months, they hid the Festiva for me! LOL While there, I was able to tear it apart and figure out just how much was damaged. I also cleaned it up. It took FOUR LONG HOURS of vacuuming to clean it out!!

During one weekend, I towed it down to Jay's house (3 hours from me) and he helped me fix the damage!

The part was straightened.

A donor part cut out.

Fit tested and welded in.

We reassembled it and admired our work!

Back in Raleigh, I continued to process:

Now it was time to personalize Sapphire and make him Sapphire Britstiva! The top was sanded, primed and painted white.

Then, the design taped off.

After it baked in the sun, the red and white is taped off and blue is sprayed:

And then some more sun baking.

It was now ready... Or so I thought. The roof peeled!! So I repainted it a second time and did a silver and blue instead. I hated that, so I sanded it off, and repainted it again! When pulling off the tape from the white, it peeled. so back to square one AGAIN!

The final time was the trick. Since I was starting over again, I decided on a different shade of blue. The final result:

Repainted the bumpers, striped them, placed the decal on the sides, repainted the rims, added a spoiler and voila! Here is Sapphire Britstiva!

....And as for Charlie, I emailed him every step of the way and still keep in touch with him. He LOVES what I've done to Sapphire Britstiva and gave his approval of breathing life back into his "friend"!

Stop on by and "LIke" Sapphire Britstiva's fan page at www.facebook.com/britstiva

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

AWESOME!! Thanks for the votes everyone!! I'm very excited to be FOTM!!!
    www.cardomain.com/id/jermnc77

Madness Committee Member & Contact Person
    www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
    Snoopy's
    4621 Atlantic Ave
    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Congrats
      -Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Great win, you guys put a lot of work into that car, Congrats.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

I have a goose shaped foil award for you! ;]
          Driver of the all new CueBall

Wife of JR, driver of 8ball

:angel5:

Comment

Hey congrats
            Godspeed...
            click here for FORD fESTiVA and KIA pride parts - JunSpeed Parts

our humble rides
            1965 Ford Mustang Coupe 200ci C4 AT (my 1st car, parked on a far island for restoration)
            93 LX B1 carb sedan (my first festy - SOLD )
            97 CD5 B3 carb (used to be my DD - SWAPPED)
            94 LX MAZDA Z5 EFI (gettting roadworthy)

Z200GS 200cc bike (SOLD)
            95 Lancer Mirage GLXi (wifee's ride - SOLD)
            97 Lancer Mirage GL carbed 1.5 (Garaged)
            Kymco K-Pipe 125cc (Garaged)
            97 Proton Lancer carbed 1.5 (son's DD)
            2015 Spacestar Mirage 1.2 CVT (my DD)

Comment

nice work congrats !!
              93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
              RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
              RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Congrats, on the restore & the win. But that flag on the roof should only have 2 diagonal crossed red strips with white stars.
                If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Congrats! I love to see these cars nursed back onto the road and loved until they shine again.
                  Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by navdoc101 View Post
                    Congrats, on the restore & the win. But that flag on the roof should only have 2 diagonal crossed red strips with white stars.
                    LOL I'll keep you in mind if I ever do a General Lee festiva. LOL

www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                    Snoopy's
                    4621 Atlantic Ave
                    Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

Thanks for the congrats guys!

www.festivamadness.com

Festiva Madness
                      Snoopy's
                      4621 Atlantic Ave
                      Raleigh, NC 27604

Comment

congrats britstiva.;-)
                        Our Prides w/ pride! Built with passion.
                        Check out Ernst Pride Kits for your quality Festiva pimping parts(http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41131)
                        (Festiva GT-X bumper set,OEM GT-X Foglights, Lip spoilers, OEM Rear spoilers, Sideskirts,GT-X emblems etc.)

Comment

Working...
                        X