November FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November FOTM Winner

So the winner for November FOTM goes to...............

M3NTAL!!! Congratulations!!

Here is his entry again

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
    Ill give it a shot...

The grey ghost was a 1.3 Silver Carb 4 speed car that was purchased off a member here (skimsucka) about a year ago. RJ saved this beauty from rotting away about 18 months ago when he asked to borrow my trailer one day because he had somehow found another Festiva. The ghost came from Tampa from the 2nd owner with 88k original miles.

After RJ got it home he quickly began filling in all the voids this car had by cleaning up the interior putting a new set of 12s on it with all 4 center caps, scouting various junkyards for all the missing parts to get it just right. Him and his dad even re ringed the pistons because they were toast. One day RJ had told me he was thinking about selling the ghost to another friend of ours who needed a car, when i found out that our friend had passed up on the deal i quickly jumped on this car because i know how much time he has put into making sure everything on the car was functional and working the way it should be.

So i bought the car from skim for $600 and man i was hooked, the car sat for a few months before i could get enough money to register it buy a new gold battery and insure it. After sitting for a few months the carb starting acting up and we couldnt figure it out so we called Chris (takeone51) to come take a look at it, well it didnt take much time for Chris to fix the problem and get the car running like the champ she is!

About 6 weeks later 4 of us decided to take a trip over to the west coast for the weekend in the ghost, she ran great the way there. On the way back i noticed that at one point i had the car floored and it wouldn't accelerate past 70mph, and not long after she died on me in the middle of the state with cow pastures on both sides of the road on a 2 lane road about 11 miles from a gas station or any civilization. We let her cool down a bit and pop started it a few times and got about 1 each time out of her till she finally died about 7 miles from the gas station. me and a friend were literally pushing the car down the road and my girlfriend would pop start it and me and my friend would run along side the car and jump in through the passenger side window because we were afraid that if the car stopped she would die on us! lol :eeeeeek:

So RJ flat towed us about 35 miles home, when we started tearing down the b3 to see what had happen, long story short the temp sensor disconnected itself and one of the coolant lines had a slit on it on the underside of the hose. My original plan was to just rebuild the b3 because i didnt want to spend a whole lot of money on the car, but with a little persuasion by RJ he talked me into buying a XR2.

We found the donor car roughly 250 miles from the house, a 1991 Capri xr2 with 134k ? which was having overheating problems, turned out to be just a loose belt that was slipping on the pulley!! So we scored the whole car for just 600 bucks! Strapped her down and brought her come with us!

I went ahead and pulled the B3 out and the B6T out of both cars and sent the block head crank and rods n pistons off to the machine shop to get honed, decked, polished, valve job, and new seals. I also got the turbo rebuilt and upgraded to a VJ11/14 hybrid.

At the same time i had the car painted Dark Shadow Grey, but before we sent it off to the paint shop we stripped her down, no molding, door seals, door handles, trims, gaskets, tail lights, fenders, master cylinder, windows, headlights, emblems etc.

I built the motor myself in the garage, and RJ helped me with installing everything on this car with me. A few weeks later we had the car up and running with awesome AC for this FL heat. I have just recently taken this car up to FM5 last week (1500 mile) for its maiden voyage and i am proud to say that she got 35mpg on the hwy and performed beyond my expectations!

I would like to thank the committee FF.com and all of its members for all the help they have provided me with this swap, and i can only hope that my build thread will help people in the future as well! And especially RJ for dedicating his blood, sweat, n tears into transforming this car into what it is today, cant thank you enough buddy! :thumbup:

Mod List

Engine & Drivetrain
    Stock Block
    Stock Crank
    Stock Rods & Pistons
    Total Seal Rings, federal mogul bearings
    Stock Cams
    Stock Head
    Stock Intake Manifold
    Stock Exhaust Maniold
    Vj11/14 Hybrid Turbocharger
    2.25" Exhaust with dynomax muffler
    G series trans
    Act Clutch
    Resurfaced Flywheel
    3/8 Fuel line
    255 LPH inline fuel pump
    Stock injectors
    12" Electric Fan
    2 Core 92-95 Civic Aluminum Radiator modified
    10" Fan on condenser
    B6T With Factory Festiva AC

Electronics
    MSD Ignition Coil
    NGK Plugs
    9mm High Perf Wires
    Rocketman Ecu
    Innovate Mtx-l wideband
    Sunpro Oil Pressure gauge
    Autometer Sport Comp Boost Gauge

Chassis & Suspension
    Aspire Lca
    Aspire sway bar
    10.2 Capri XR2 Rotors
    KYB GR2 Shocks n Struts
    FMS Springs
    Rear Shock Tower Brace
    14" Black Capri wheels
    Federal 185/55/14
    Camber bolts

Misc
    10" JL Audio 10w1V2 Reverse Mounted Custom MDF enclosure
    Alpine 400.1 Mono D Block Amp Mounted under Passenger seat
    Alpine 9885 Head Unit w/ IPod cable
    Kicker Ds40 4" speakers
    5% Tint 40% on Windshield
    6000k HiDs
    Led License plate bulbs
    Flush mount Turning lamp
    Battery Relocation
    Tach Cluster
    FMIC 2.25" IC Piping

BEFORE

AFTER

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well deserved!
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Sweet! Congrats
      93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
      RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
      RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Grats!!!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

great job!
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Congrats! Nice car!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Congrats! It was a tough choice, but i got to see yours in person so i knew it was a nicely done job! Maybe Mextiva can get to FM6 so I can see it too!
                91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

cool

Another FL car added to the list. Way to go, very nice job on the car.

From last years FOTM for Nov.

Comment

FL... FTW.... Good job Marc
                    -Greg
                    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                    Redneck Engineer
                    FOTY - '09
                    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, I couldn't have done it without this site, Special thanks to the FL crew for answering my random Festiva questions 100x a day! Thanks to Greg too for talking with Brian n convincing him to give me another shot.

I'm actually looking into buyin another Festiva for a gutted race car...does this mean I officially have the festy disease ??
                      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I always wonder how many votes my stickers would yield? I was thinking even if there were a heap of the month club; my car is better than that.

Hey, what about a huge grey with white tip, fake shark fin on the roof?* Coming out of the turquoise, that should look funny.

Probably difficult to make one realistic enough to gain many votes? Not to mention the closest people in Puget Sound get to thinking about sharks was Namu the killer whale.

Congratulations FOTM winner; again. I can taste one of those, about like caviar or filet mignon; which is to say in my dreams.

*Aerodynamically effective; for something, no?
                        Last edited by bobstad; 11-04-2011, 03:07 PM.
                        '91 Festiva L/'73 Windsor Carrera Sport custom

(aka "Jazz Bobstad," "The BobWhan," etc.)

Art is the means whereby(a) society advances: Religion is the definition of the parameters of art. Poetry is the actualization of these...

Comment

Great Job!
                          Savin' Gas & Goin' Fast
                          93GL BPT 5speed

Comment

Both cars are great--- Mental-- I would've cried if I saw my car in that many pieces, but the outcome is awesome! I can't see my husband doing anything like that to my festi-- I cringe when I have to tell him something is creaking cuz he bitxhes when he's trying to find parts for it.... He almost had me convinced a few months ago to trade mine in on a Fiesta, but I won and still have my good reliable Festi.. someone did come to test drive it and I almost had tears in my eyes when they drove off in it, my heart dropped. Thankfully he said he would let us know the following day, and when he called, I told him it was no longer available

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X