July FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July FOTM Winner

And after a close month of voting, the winner for July FOTM goes to........

Flyin4stroke!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!

Here is his entry again

Originally posted by Flyin4stroke View Post
    Guess i will throw up the ol' sonic blue stiva... 1988 b6t swap. Built this car for a friend "Baker" another forum member, who then later sold it to me. I got the car in 09' just before fm3. I put a little work in it new starter and battery and called up eurotiva and told him i was ready to ride out! I had only drove the car for about 300 miles with the motor in it without any problems, but whats the worst that can happen... I loaded my tool box and asked my dad if he was willing to take part in the epic adventure 600 miles north in a car i had only put half of that mileage on and he accepted.. So the next friday morning we left.. Convoyed with 7 other cars to fm3 and the car performed beautifully. Brought the car home from n.c. and took it to the track the next Wednesday and the car did a 13.9 at 103 stock wheels, suspension, boost, etc. I soon got the car to the dyno and it put down 174hp to wheels...
    The car before paint or anything

The morning i left for madness fm3

new wheels

Before fm4

I have since put on a boost controller and rewelded some mounts to help stiffen up the engine and tranny for the hard hits from the track.. I have put down many more passes in the car but haven't been able to get it to hook up the way i would like. Still wanting to throw on some slicks but now the car it waiting for a clutch to hold the extra power from the extra boost from the controller.. I have also put all new fms springs with KYB gr2's. I will get this car back into the top 10 fastest festiva's.

I daily drive my car, when it isn't giving me issues that is. Im always out boosting around town and loving it. Have been to festiva madness the last 2yrs in a row and will be there again this year. Its always a blast. I plan on having this car for a long time and the modifications will just keep coming im sure. It has been a long hard battle with this car to keep it on the road. Mostly not the cars fault, but faulty parts. Has a new turbo, new head, another battery, 2 alternators. distributor, and im sure many other things i have had to replace. Usually seems to be a $200 parts that always goes out. But what can you expect I drive it about 500 miles a week..
    Last but not least holding it down for ff.com

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Awesome!! I wasn't sure If it would pull it off against the red white and blue Festiva, that thing is too cool. Thanks for the votes! It was a tuff month of voting that's for sure.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Good Deal, can't wait to see the FL crew at Madness!
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Congrats on your win Flyin4stroke
        Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
        99 Dodge Caravan SE
        95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
        94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
        78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
        78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
        03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
        95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
        95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
        95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Nice job bud. !! We hope to bring at LEAST 5 turbo cars this is the goal!
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

fl all day
            93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
            RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
            RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

Nice! Congrats dude. I agree with the Skimsucka, FL all day. And, this car straight runs this state!! Eurotiva is gonna chime in but he only wins cuz of a bigger motor and a/c...pfffttt.

Comment

Grats on the win. That car looks great.

Sent from my EVO 3D via tapatalk.
                BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

Great job and congratulations on the win. Looking forward to seeing it in person
                  Ian
                  Calgary AB, Canada
                  93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                  59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Congrats!!! That is one nice Festy. Florida FTW!!!!
                    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Thanks again guys! It will be at FMV. The car is a head turner if you know what these cars are normally. I get stopped all the time and people ask about it lol even sitting in traffic (almost had a guy step out into traffic a couple days ago). Fun stuff!!
                      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Congrats Mike
                        You have put alot of work into that Festi! I can't wait to see you guys at Madness V. Angie was only slightly heartbroken that you won but her Festi isn't finished yet.
                        Festiva/Mazda genetic splicing researcher B6T / G25MR for 5+ years and counting.
                        187.7 WHP @ 5500 RPM

Comment

way to go Mike

Ah yes FL. brings the bacon home once again!

CONGRATS

Comment

Nice ride dude & congrats :thumbright:
                            Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Congrats Mike. Wanna sell or trade? lol
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X