March FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March FOTM Winner

For the 3rd month in a row, the winner for FOTM goes to....... Freshtiva!! but this time with his car Freshtiva, congratulations Marcus!!

Here is the winning entry again

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    I bought this car shortly after it was manufactured in Oct 1993 It was our second festiva. Ive owned it for almost 18 years. At 175,000 miles I did the following to it. Replaced timing belt, replaced water pump, flushed out cooling system, replaced valve cover casket, replaced alt belt, ac belt, put in new halfshafts, replaced distributor cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter, pcv valve, drained trans-axle fluid and replaced. Then I replace control arms and ball joints, replaced tie rod ends, replaced all eight wheel bearing ( inner and outer, front and back) and all eight oil seals, replaced struts all around. Then I degreased engine ( from bad valve cover gasket) , got four wheel computer alignment, four new tires, waxed it , shampoo carpet and bought some new floor mats. About $1500 total with me doing the work. Freshtiva was born. This car has alway been parked inside, highway driven, well maintained, and kept a distance from other cars in parking lots.

Here are some pictures of the car right after the aforementioned work was done on it.

After that and up until 9/15/07 my goal has been to use original factory parts and ideas to get Freshtiva looking at its extreme original festiva best. Freshtiva is no longer my daily driver and only goes out on special occasions. Other than some upgrades I’ve paid for but not received ,ahem, like side skirt flares, and a dash bin with lid , etc. Freshtiva is pretty much a finished product, maybe a change here or there. This is the most ding and dent free festiva you will ever see.
    Modifications up to: 9/15/07

1. Added manual passenger side mirror
    2. Removed manual mirrors and replaced with dual power mirrors with switch
    3. Added factory 12 inch alloy wheels and caps
    4. Added factory “swoosh “ stripe kit (red)NOS
    5. Added factory cargo cover and hardware
    6. Added factory cargo light and grounded latch
    7. Added factory tach/speedo cluster
    8. Added factory fog light switch (NOS) and after market fog lights
    9. Add factory LX console with NOS retainer, boot, and shifter knob
    10. Added factory interior door trim and map pockets
    11. Add factory rear wiper and rear window washer
    12.Added factory Kia Pride clock and bezel in dash (new)
    13. Added factory variable speed intermittent wipers
    14. Added factory mud flaps front and back
    15. Added NOS factory hatch spoiler
    16.Added on a upgraded dome/map light
    17. Added factory look a like bumper pin striping
    18. Added new nose bra
    19. I have two rear windows with defrost, waiting to have professional install , switch is in.
    20. Tinted the rear windows, 30% I think
    21. Proclaimed Freshtiva a L Plus and added a Festiva L Plus decal
    22. Added FordFestiva.com sticker
    23. Replace some rear plastic that was scuffed
    24 Gone to a wider Goodyear tire.
    25 Considered and dismissed factory power steering and cruise
    26 Recharged a/c this month, its been six years since last recharge
    27. Working on interior fuel door and hatch release.
    28. Made a cool bi-metal personalized festiva key ring for the car
    29. Had some 1.3L decals made (going to change to red ones )
    30. Aspire seat swap with under seat tray.
    Random Pictures:

Fully Loaded

New Festiva circa 1993

Aspire seat swap with tray

A couple of Freshtiva videos :

Video: Finger tip driver, no shaking, no pulling, no rattles.

Car domain video link below

Future improvements, mostly cosmetic :
    Ive debated painting the bumpers white with a red accent stripe, painting power mirrors white and using wide LX red stripe molding. Haven’t decided . Have a sport graphic as well. Thought about painting one of my set of factory alloys white for the car too.

Some of the original extras that came with all new Festivas. Including plastic wallet key ( still uncut ), auto seat belt crank in case of power failure, and baby seat belt buckle adaptor still in unopened packages. Also note original dealer cards from the “Service Advisor “ and “Sale Consultant“ along with complete repair and maintenance records.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congrats! You may have to buy a couple more festiva's if you want to win all 12 months :p
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

^^He probably has 12 or more festivas lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

everytime I log on he's talking about looking @ another prospective Festiva purchase.... where does one put all these Festivas that are in such wonderful condition? A cryogenic freezer?
        Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
        89 Nissan D21 SE V6 5 speed 4x4
        Projects in the works:
        84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

it's about time... lol
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Congrats! Another beautiful car! Triple Crown!
            '90 LX

Comment

Man, 3 in a row! Is that a record?
              "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Time?
                Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                Projects in the works:
                84 Mercedes Benz 300D(T)(Baby) currently awaiting transmission transplant/ full on restoration

Comment

Congratulations Marcus! That's a nice Festiva and a well deserved win times 3! I have to see the other two.

Comment

Congrats again Marcus! Can't wait to get my other one finished to give you some competetion. LOL Nice Festy's, you need to bring one to Madness this fall.
                    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Congrats Marcus !!! Really nice Festiva. How about the next month?

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Maybe we should call this contest "Freshtiva's car Of The Month"

Congratulations fresh. The car is beautiful!
                        Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                        '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                        '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaxwellEdison View Post
                          everytime I log on he's talking about looking @ another prospective Festiva purchase.... where does one put all these Festivas that are in such wonderful condition? A cryogenic freezer?

Originally posted by wybnrml View Post
                          Congrats! Another beautiful car! Triple Crown!
                          Is it a Triple Crown or a hat trick ?

Originally posted by Maxtiva View Post
                          Congrats Marcus !!! Really nice Festiva. How about the next month?
                          How about a pretty blue one ?

Originally posted by JPT View Post
                          Maybe we should call this contest "Freshtiva's car Of The Month"

:laughing3: You crack me up !!

Thank you everyone !! Im laying out till I get a new one done. Id like to get Fantastiva done this year so I might be back before year end. Not sure about the rules on entering the same car with a different build in the same year ?? I think my job is on the outs so that will means more time with the cars. It will be great till the money runs out anyway. Thanks again!!
                          Last edited by freshtiva; 02-28-2011, 07:15 PM.
                          sigpic
                          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

When cometh the day of Signature update ye mention periodically?
                            Andrew Walker

Current Daily Driver:
                            Projects in the works:

Comment

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
                              How about a pretty blue one ?

Which one ? They both look pretty

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Working...
                              X