February FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February FOTM Winner

The winner for February FOTM goes to..............

Freshtiva with his car redford!!! Congratulation Marcus!!!!

Here is his entry again

Originally posted by freshtiva View Post
    REDFORD :

Redford gets its name from being red and a ford. Thats a no brainer huh ? I bought this car for $200 in October of 2006. For a full view of the car you can visit its car domain site at http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492432. I saw the car while working in the North Kansas City area. We drove by it some days going to lunch. It was sitting a ways off the road but my highly trained festiva vision spotted it. After seeing that it wasn’t moving day after day I decided to inquire about it. Went to the house it was near and knocked. An older gentleman on oxygen answered the door as I was about to give up and leave. He said that the car belonged to his son. I left my number and waited. A month passed and I never heard anything. I went back and inquired again. The older man gave me his sons number. I tried the number several times but never got anyone. One day while the wife was having some out patient surgery at a near by hospital I drove by Redford again. (I have priorities, they're just all wrong) This time there was a new truck parked at the house. I pull in and the son/owner of the festiva was there. I introduced myself and mentioned I been asking about the festiva and would he be interested in selling it. He says “what will you give me for it“. I said “$200“. He said “Ok“. His response was so quick I knew Id offered too much but I was still pleased. I think he just wanted it out of the circular drive We got to talking and he said the car hadn’t been moved in three years. The last time it ran was when he loaned in to his 16 year old son who had ruined the clutch. I went home got my trailer and went back to get it. I put a battery and a gal of gas in the car and it fired up and I drove it on the trialer. Got it home and nothing worked on the car. Come to find out someone had robbed all the fuses from it. I installed fused and everything worked. I bought a new clutch set for it and come to find out it wasn’t the clutch but a input shaft bearing that was bad. Split the tranny cases and repaired. The car has been a daily driver since then. I keep cleaning it and upgrading it. The car was filthy when I got it. The older man had a white haired dog that rode in the car. It had white dog hair everywhere in it. It took months and several shampooing and vacuuming to get it in the shape its in now. Here is a list of other things I’ve done to it.

Most recent work on it was to fix an idle problem. VAF spring was sticking. Replace rear wheel bearing. Tuned up with new plugs, wires, rotor, and dist. Cap. Timed. Flushed and replaced brake fluid. The car now has about 123,000 on it. I have complete records for the car. Future plans include adding A/C to the car. I have a working a/c unit in another festiva that will go in Redford. I also have a dash clock to install.

1. Good cleaning top to bottom several times the car was a mess. Waxed it half a dozen times. It had been sitting in the sun for years. Degreased motor and replaced valve cover gasket.
    2. Replaced a broken grill
    3.Added a manual passenger mirror
    4. Removed manual passenger mirror and replace with power mirrors.
    5. Removed power mirror and replaced with red NOS Mazda protégé swoopy mirrors
    6. Did a seat swap from a 1989 festiva . Not a direct swap and harder than youd think
    7 Replace missing dome light
    8. Removed dome light and added the dome light upgrade with map lights.
    9. Replaced steering rack boots
    10. Replace tie rod ends.
    11. Installed new clutch Id bought while repairing tranny
    12. Added factory alloy wheels. Still have the trim rings and center caps that came with the car. They are in perfect condition.
    13.Replace a smashed front fender from a dear run in. Prior to me owning it.
    14.Added a rear cargo light and latch switch
    15. Added a factory hatch spoiler NOS from FMS
    16. Added red bumper stripes
    17.Added fog lights
    18. Added factory swoosh stripes and matching festiva decal
    19.Added factory tach cluster
    20. Replace timing belt and water pump and front crankshaft seal
    21. Added mud flaps
    22. Install factory sound system.
    23. Installed cargo cover and cargo cover hardware.
    24. Installed full console
    25. Installed new brake pads and shoes
    26. Newer exhaust
    27 Newer battery
    28. Installed hood struts
    29. Lubed window track and regulators
    30. Added chrome window and door handle trim
    31. Other misc. things to numerous to mention. If it need something it gets it.

The day I bought Redford and brought it home to the ranch

Since :

Future upgrades :

Aspire brake swap, rebuilt but not installed

Full sport interior addition:
    Before cleaning

After cleaning

BP and G25MR swap

More

New 14" tires and Alloys awaiting transformation from Redford to Fantastiva

Recently replace struts ( aspire struts in rear )

BP Header

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

^

Congrats marcus you have beautiful cars!
    Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

congrads thats a great looking festy
      Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy an taste great with katsup!!!

Comment

congrats marcus!
        1973 Cb750 haven't touched it yet with no idea what I am planning on doing with it
        1978 25th Anniversary edition Corvette
        1983 Chevy Elcamino
        1993 Ford Festiva GL
        2003 Hyundia Santa Fe ( Wifes Daily driver)
        some old dodge motorhome I have no idea of the year

Comment

congrats every month i see a winner it makes me wanna look for a festiva. car looks amazing !

Comment

Congrats on winning w/ one of many of your nice rides
            Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

:thumbright: Marcus FTW!!
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Congrats Marcus !!!
                Renegade-Midwest Festiva Inc.Illinois Chapter

93 Festiva L Aspire 5sp Lots of upgrades & mods
                99 Dodge Caravan SE
                95 Taurus SHO auto 265hp
                94 F150 351W auto (for sale)
                78 Chevy elcamino 500hp 383 stroker
                78 Chrysler Cordoba 360 (for sale)
                03 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
                95 Honda 1500 Goldwing SE
                95 F150 4X4 6 inch lift,38" mudders
                95 Iszuzu Trooper LS

Comment

Congrats! Redford is a very nice car!
                  '90 LX

Comment

Congrats Marcus keep it clean !!!

BPT, G5M-R, BP26 Exintake swap + Fidanza cam gear, NSRT4 FMIC + 2.5" piping, HKS SSQV BOV, Exedy clutch, 3" downpipe + 2" all the way back, Aspire brake swap, KYB GR-2 & FMS coil spring , FMS EURO body kit + Carbon fiber hood, Falcon RTX 15X6½ + Toyo proxes T1R 195/45R15

Comment

Thanks everybody !! Redford will be back as another FOTM entry sometime in the future after I transform it into Fantastiva.
                      sigpic
                      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Congrats Marcus! Time to build another!
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Congrats Marcus!!! Beautiful, just beautiful. One of these days, my engine bay will be that clean.

Or not. :roll:

Dumb thieves go to prison, smart ones go to work for the Government.

1988 L - 232K miles Batstiva
                          1989 L - 247K miles Slick
                          1990 L - 281K miles Orphan Annie
                          Let the hoarding begin!! :mrgreen:

Comment

congrats bro. i love all your stuff its always so super clean
                            -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                            -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Beautiful car Fresh!

One day, if I'm lucky, mine will look half as good.
                              Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                              '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                              '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Working...
                              X