November FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November FOTM Winner

November's FOTM winner goes to..............

yelo_festiva!!! Congratulations!!

Here's is the winning entry again

Originally posted by yelo festiva View Post
    Here is my 90 LX that my wife and I purchased new. I hesitated buying a yellow car because of the lemon stigma that comes with a yellow car. However this car has been everything but a lemon. It has given us very good service. It currently has 374,000 miles on the original engine, as well as the starter, clutch, a/c compressor and 5 speed manual. Oh and it still has the coveted under seat tray.

The only modification to it is the aspire brake swap. The front rotors are the ones for the automatic. This swap really helps to improve braking. This forum really helped me with technical tips and tricks to complete the swap. Thanks all of you for posting this info! The only other mod I have planned for the future is to mount a set of Miata wheels I bought from Chills at FM IV. As you know the 12s and 13s are getting hard to get so now I have 14" wheels to use.

I have taught my three kids to drive in this car and now am teaching my 14 year old grandson to drive in it. He came to FM IV with us and had a great time seeing all the festivas and has been bit and want's one to drive when he gets his license in a few years.

My family has been all over the eastern U.S. in this car including several trips the entire length of the blue ridge parkway and skyline drive, our favorite, and never tire of it. We always enjoy figuring the gas mileage which averages 40 mpg. The highest I got is 46.7 and the lowest is 38 mpg. Although an extra 20 or 30 horsepower would be nice, I like the high gas mileage.

This car is my daily driver although I am now retired and do less driving, I still look forward to many more years of use. The engine shows no sign of getting tired and uses no oil between changes, which I do every 3k miles with filter.

Thanks for considreing yelo festiva for FOM November, Steve

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congrats Steve and Lorraine

FL. woohoo
    -Greg
    Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
    BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
    Redneck Engineer
    FOTY - '09
    5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^

congrats guys! enjoyed meetin ya at fm4 your grandsons smile was locked in when euro gave him that ride in his wicked car! good times! c ya nxt year!
      Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

congrats, that is a nice ride.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

congrats on the win
          Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Nice history on a VERY nice car,, congrats !
            money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Many Thanks

Thanks for all the good comments and votes. I enjoyed it greatly.

Comment

Working...
              X