October FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October FOTM Winner

And the winner for October FOTM goes to.................

timmay89!!!! Congratulations!!!

Here is the entry again

Originally posted by timmay89 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    This is my first Festiva of the Month entry. I didn't want to enter until I had swapped enough into the car, and I believe I have a great story for all of you!
    This is my festiva. I got it in October 2009. It is a 1989 auto festiva. Basically the worst festiva to do any swap in, but I didn't know that at the time. So I paid $500 for the car and drove it home! Here is it home.

In December I found my BP engine, and spent 2 months rebuilding it with some needed help by Sasquatch.

By February the Bp swap took place, in the course of 10 days (Olympic Break). Since the car was a 1989, I had to swap the wiring harness with that of a 1990+ car. Due to time constraints I kept the auto tranny, being one of the few people with a 1989 auto Bp car.

I later did a battery relocation to the trunk, as space was limited. Helps with cornering with better weight distribution

By May I did the aspire swap, where I fully rebuilt the brakes following the guidance of Freshtiva. I found some nice Honda Del Sol wheels which fit perfectly with no spacers and used 185-60-14 wheels. This was a great swap and made a big difference.
    The Before:

The After:

Sorry for the dirty car in the pictures. I didn't feel like cleaning the car after doing the aspire swap.

Come July I did the swap from auto to G series standard. I found someone selling a 323gt tranny and cv axles. I went for it! Doing the swap auto to g series was difficult, making tranny mounts and all, but it went well. By the end of July I had the swap fully finished! I must say the new swap runs alot better in standard than in auto. I wish I had a recent picture of it as I just cut polished the car, but I don't have one on me. I will post it as soon as I can.

Overall I love the Festiva, and am looking into creating another one with a turbo swap shortly. Thanks everyone for reading this.

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

congrats
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

WHOOOO!!!! congrats

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
      1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Fotm

Congrats,well done.
        An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          This is amazing! Thanks everyone for voting! Gives me motivation to keep modding the car!

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
          -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Congrats timmay89!
            '90 LX

Comment

^

way to go! great job
              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Congrats! Now where's that photo you promised?
                -Zack
                Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

Timmay:

Q. Who da man ?

A. You

Congrats !!!!
                  sigpic
                  The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
                  https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
                  Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

congrats man !
                    money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

Congrats... looking forward to seeing you and the car at Westiva 2011 (hint, hint) !
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaca View Post
                        congrats... Looking forward to seeing you and the car at westiva 2011 (hint, hint) !
                        +12098409315709235235
                        1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Sweet ride, and congrats on the win!!! Love that car.

Comment

congrats on the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                            82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
                            85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Thanks again!
                              Also, I must say that the whole aspire swap was inspired by Freshtiva. He did such an amazing job with it, taking the time to properly paint every part, that I had to have the same. It is great to have a forum where people are always willing to help.

-1989 festiva auto to standard conversion, bp g5mr white, aspire swap- October 2010 Festiva of the Month
                              -1993 festiva stock standard blue, kia rio front struts

Comment

Working...
                              X