September FOTM Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September FOTM Winner

The winner for September FOTM goes to...............

microflea!!!! Congratulations!!!

Here's the entry again

Originally posted by microflea View Post
    I found my Festiva on ebay.I was the high bidder,but it did'nt hit reserve.I contacted the seller,struck a deal,packed up the wife and kids and headed 800 miles north!!.We actually drove from Ellabell,GA to Madera,PA to pick up this lil' gem.It had been off the road for a little over 2 years,but the owner assured me that with a new battery she would fire up and drive anywhere.Well,we called his bluff and drove up with a battery I had in my old van.When we got there I was suprised to see how clean the car was.I dropped the battery in and hit the key.Pukka,pukka,vroom!!! It started right up.The a/c was'nt working as stated so they knocked off $100(I have since then,charged the a/c and it blows cold).So $900 and 800 miles later,she was in my driveway.It went though 3 or 4 tanks of gas,a container of seafoam(to clean tha fuel system),A container of 4cyl restore(218,000 miles on her.But made the trip without a wimper.On top of that,Someone had added a Sears cruise-control system to the little beasty at some point in the past.Amazingly enough,IT WORKED!!.She runs good and is my daily driver.It's a 1988 LX.It has a/c,tilt,cruise,power mirrors,power brakes,tinted windows,5 speed trans,12" factory alloys,panasonic cd player,aftermarket slport steering wheel,LeBra,roof spoiler,driving lights

Here are a few pictures of my Festiva...

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Congrats microflea!
    '90 LX

Comment

Congrats! Your Festiva is a very nice example of the breed. I love the steering wheel.
      Ian
      Calgary AB, Canada
      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Thanks guys.I'm thinking about using most of the prize money to take the Flea on tour.

NOT!!!!!! Just kidding thanks again.
        Go Fast !!,Take Chances !!

Comment

congrats,great looking car.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

winner

congrats your car looks great
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Hey congrats. I look forward to another fotm in our convoy. That will be 6 or 7 fotm's cruising...
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

congrats bro!!

Comment

Nice find! Congrats!

Comment

congrats! Look forward to meeting you and seeing your car. Maybe we should get all the FOTM/FOTY's together at Madness for a photo op.
                    1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
                    1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
                    Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
                    website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

way to go

Congrats microflea! looking forward to meeting you for the convoy to fmiv. Went last year and had a blast

Comment

convoy

Thanks!! That goes both ways.even my wife is looking foward to it.

Comment

That looks sooo clean nice job!! I cant believe i missed the FOTM this would get a vote for sure.
                          BP Festiva on MS2 with gsxr itbs Woot!!!

Comment

Congrats from the "sept." car from last year. Can't wait to see it and meet. Good job Jerry.
                            -Greg
                            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                            Redneck Engineer
                            FOTY - '09
                            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Thanks Greg.I started prepping for our caravan.I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X