Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will a 2 door aspire exhaust cat back fit the festiva?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will a 2 door aspire exhaust cat back fit the festiva?

I need to just kind of lay it under the car and check the length but I've got the cat, resonator, exhaust for the b3 from a 95 2 door aspire in what looks to be perfect shape. My exhaust starts at the back of the cat and is one pipe all the way to the huge farty can and I've been looking at ways to either swap just the exhuast or do the whole thing.

any suggestions are extremely welcome and thank you in advance

Walth
    Walth

Festiva #1: 91 Red L 4/5
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=27981

I'm sure you could make it work. The only main consideration is probably wheelbase, so that the pipes are long enough:
    Festiva: 90.2"
    Aspire 2-door: 90.7"
    Aspire 4-door: 93.9"
    So just lay it under there and go for it. Only a 1/2" difference in wheelbase. Might have to get creative with hangers, but maybe not.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

hey Tom,

thank you for the info. I think these are exactly the same exhaust all the way back. I mean, obviously it's the exact same engine, the head and intake manifold may differ a bit, I don't really know, including the header but I can tell you this. it fit. and it fits well. I had a hard time getting the hanger at the very end of the exhaust on but got it and then once I had all of the hangers on I put the bolts on.

All in all, it took me from 5:20 to drag it over to the car, slide it under, examine, "looks like it'll work" and started by taking apart the aspire exhaust to make sure I'd be able to get it in over the beam, then I dropped my exhaust, and right side mount to the beam and then the strut so I could remove the harty fart can which is actually what took up most of my time. but I got the new one in, everything back together, started it up and am amazed! it almost sounds like a diesel because now the exhaust is sooooo quiet. even at 3-5k rpms, before it would DROOOONE now...aah, can barely hear it.

I'm wondering what to do with this exhaust. I'm thinking I can cut it up, use the long section for a cheater pipe, scrap the can and the cat and make a decent bit of money since it's the old timey expensive cat. It's loud, in decent shape, but I have no use for it now that I have a quiet car I'm sooo happy about that!! And I think my wife will be too!!
      Walth

Comment

Scrap the cat yes.

Sell the fart can to some ricer kid.

Almost looks like a "performance" oriented exhaust, I mean besides the fart can. What size is that pipe, and are those mandrel bends?
        91GL BP/F3A with boost
        13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I'd say the pipe is between 1.5-2" but I haven't even looked at it. I'll Mic it tonight when I get home. It was definitely bent with a machine if that's what you're asking.
          Walth

Comment

Working...
          X